This workflow is for software license administrators or software users authorizing ArcGIS Pro for single use.
An authorization file is a file containing the information you need to complete the authorization process if you are not able to authorize the software using the Internet. It can be used to authorize either Single Use or Concurrent Use licenses.
Create an authorization information file
Begin the authorization process as described in Authorize and start ArcGIS Pro with a Single Use license or Authorize ArcGIS Pro with a Concurrent Use license. In the Software Authorization Wizard, on the Authorization Method page, the default option is to authorize the software using the Internet. If you don’t have reliable Internet access, you should choose instead to create an authorization file as described in the following steps. Internet access is still needed at some point to communicate either with My Esri or through email with Esri Customer Service.
- In the Software Authorization Wizard, on the Authorization method page, click Authorize at Esri’s website or by email to receive your authorization file. Click Next.
- On the Authorization Information page, confirm that your contact information is correct. Click Next.
- On the Authorization Information (continued) page, confirm that your organization, industry, and job description are correct. Click Next.
- On the Software Authorization Number page, enter your license number.
In this example, the authorization is for ArcGIS Desktop Advanced Single Use.
- On the Authorize Software Extensions page, accept the default option, I do not want to authorize any extensions at this time.
If you want to authorize extensions, click the I have authorization number(s) to authorize one or more extensions option. Under Extensions, provide the authorization numbers for the extensions you want to authorize.
- Click Next.
- On the Email Authorization page, click Save.
- Browse to a location on disk where you want to save the text file containing the authorization information. Accept the default file name, authorize.text, or choose a different name. Click Save.
- Click Finish.
Upload the authorization information file
The authorization information file needs to be uploaded to My Esri or emailed to Esri Customer Service. The recommended method is to upload the file to My Esri. This requires that you have My Esri access, and that the Licensing tab is available in My Esri. If you don’t have My Esri access, or you don't see the Licensing tab under the My Organizations tab, ask your software license administrator to upload the authorization information file for you. Alternatively, you can email the authorization information file to Esri Customer Service at email@example.com.
- Sign in to My Esri with your account credentials.
- At the top of the page, click the My Organizations tab.
- Under the My Organizations tab, click the Licensing tab.
- In the list of side tabs, click Additional Licensing Forms.
- On the Additional Licensing Forms page, click Secure Site Operations.
- On the Secure Site Operations page, click Choose File.
- Browse to the authorization information file you created in the previous section.
- Select the file and click Open.
- On the Secure Site Operations page, click Upload.
You will receive a message that the request has been successfully processed. The authorization file, authorization.respc, may download automatically.
If the authorization file is not downloaded automatically, click the Download License File button that appears on the page.
Complete authorization with an authorization file
- Restart the authorization process from the Licensing dialog box in ArcGIS Pro.
- In the Software Authorization Wizard, on the Authorization Options page, click I have received an authorization file and am now ready to finish the authorization process.
- Click the Browse button and browse to the authorization file (authorization.respc). It should be in your default Downloads folder.
- Click the file to select it and click Open.
The path to the file appears in the text box of the Authorization Options page.
- Click Next.
On the Authorization Complete page, a message confirms that the software is authorized.
- Click Finish.
The ArcGIS Pro Licensing dialog box confirms that the software is licensed.
- On the ArcGIS Pro Licensing dialog box, click OK.
ArcGIS Pro opens and is ready to use.