The list of issues addressed describes bugs that were reported to Esri Technical Support and are fixed in the latest versions of ArcGIS Pro.
ArcGIS Pro 1.2 fixes the issues listed below. See What's new in ArcGIS Pro 1.2 to learn about new functionality introduced in this update.
The 'Ignore NoData in calculations' option in Zonal Statistics as Table tool is not honored when checked off, producing incorrect results.
The 'Add Value' button is missing on Remove Domain From Field and Add Attribute Index tool.
Resolution options for conflicting edits, which contain deleted edits, are inactive in the Conflict Manager Window in ArcGIS Pro.
ArcEngine .NET COM+ Application failed in the 10.3 version.
"Input Features" in Create TIN tool is hard-coded.
In the ArcGIS Pro Import 3D Files geoprocessing tool parameters, the Symbol Field is marked as required even though the tool can be run without it, but documentation notes this field is optional.
Relates behave inconsistently in ArcGIS Pro
Maplex does not display some UTF-8 Japanese characters without additional characters in the string
Adding values to a blank Symbol Group and trying to modify the symbol properties of the added value returns an error.
ArcGIS Pro can’t display netCDF raster layers correctly, in Japanese.
The fields view does not refresh when fields are added or removed using the attribute table.
Reclassify generates incorrect number of classes for a 64bit raster.
In ArcGIS Pro 1.0 (French), the INSERTION tab changes to INSERT when a new layout is added to a project.
Tools that use the Topology Engine fail and, on a second run, crash if run on a computer with a Korean language operating system while running with a Korean named user license. Works as expected if logged in with an English named user license.
Splined text (made from the Draw Toolbar) saved in ArcMap with the Vertical Alignment changed to Top or Center will be converted to normal text and moved to the bottom left of the layout in ArcGIS Pro.
Unable to use the Register Raster tool with an ArcGIS Pro Basic license.
After executing the Add GlobalIDs geoprocessing tool, the GlobalID field doesn't appear to be added to a feature class or table until ArcGIS Pro is closed and re-opened.
ArcGIS Pro does not recognize the Jerusalem time zone, resulting in non-functionality of illumination options for global and local scenes.
ArcGIS Pro error in source: wrong variable name 'CIMMapDocuent.'
Dissolving a large polygon feature class crashes ArcMap with no error information.
All properties of a 3D layer are not retained when importing globe document into ArcGIS Pro.
Missing word wrap in Layer properties - Time settings in German ArcGIS Pro.
Activating time on an OPeNDAP Raster Layer causes ArcGIS Pro to crash.
Buffering irregular shaped polygon returns inconsistent results.
An option to add a leader line does not exist for paragraphs or text with bounding geometry in the layout view of ArcGIS Pro.
Grouping map elements and renaming the group displays html tags in the text.
Editing new code and value when connected user didn't own domain should not be allowed.
In ArcGIS Pro, running the Buffer tool on a specific feature creates an invalid polygon hole.
The Measure Area tool line is not rendered in ArcGIS Pro 1.1.
In ArcGIS Pro, the ASCII 3D To Feature Class tool displays the following error: "ERROR 000735: Average Point Spacing: Value is required" before the tool is run and when the Help feature states this parameter is optional.
ArcGIS Pro 1.1 does not display projection parameters for a custom projection correctly.
Dropdown list for Split Policy and Merge Policy in domain are not loading the resources correctly in the localized ArcGIS Pro.
The message "Warning: map surrounds exist" is a hard coded string and cannot be localized.
When attempting to add a secure service with stored credentials to ArcGIS Pro, error 404 occurs.
ArcGIS Pro crashes when selecting the 'Callout to center' extent indicator style.
There is no option to recalculate or delete a spatial index in ArcGIS Pro when working with a SQL Server enterprise geodatabase through the Feature Class properties menu.
In ArcGIS Pro, the WHERE clause SQL query for the Make Table View tool fails to create a subset.The attribute table of the table view shows the subset but ArcPy cursors are still able to access all records.
ArcGIS Pro stops responding while populating the Obstructions parameter.
Unique Value symbology Add new value to Feature Service shows up as a semicolon if the new added value contains spaces.
String "Locator Properties" is hard-coded in localized ArcGIS Pro
Cartographic (elevation) offset is not honored for mosaic datasets in ArcGIS Pro.
Cartographic offset is not displayed for Mosaic Datasets in ArcGIS Pro.
In ArcGIS Pro, using a subset selection of an SDE feature class as a geoprocessing input calls a large number of ‘LogOpenByLoginfo’ commands.
ArcGIS Pro 1.1 crashes when using Vector Field raster function on NetCDF files with u and V variables.
"Find tools" for geoprocessing tools in Task Designer is not translated.
ArcGIS Pro cannot connect to Oracle user-schema geodatabases.
Embedding a Space Time Pattern Mining Tool (STPMT) in a Task step in ArcGIS Pro is not saved.
The labels for any Raster Functions in the Functions Pane are not displayed in ArcGIS Pro 1.1 on Japanese Windows OS.
ArcGIS Pro Software Update may fail to update Python or ArcGIS Pro Help on machines that have Pro 1.1 and a Pro 1.0 language pack installed.
ArcGIS Pro crashes when providing directions for a route analysis layer if the numeric format (user locale) is set to German, French or other European languages.
Some Python Raster Functions do not work with ArcGIS Pro 1.1.
Some Scene layers can be incorrectly placed in the "2d Layers" group upon loading certain Web Scenes.
The add-In registration utility (RegisterAddIn.exe) fails to register add-ins on some comma delimited locales, including Finnish.
Modifications to a domain are not saved in ArcGIS Pro 1.1 when the French language pack is installed.
Only the first address of a .xls or .xlsx file is successfully geocoded in ArcGIS Pro.
In ArcGIS Pro, task steps do not save the script tool of a Python toolbox.
The extent indicator does not recognize the map frame rotation in ArcGIS Pro 1.1.
ArcGIS Pro stops responding when attempting to print to Brother Printers.
SelectLayerByAttribute_management's CLEAR_SELECTION does not work via a script tool in ArcGIS Pro 1.1.1.
Geoprocessing tools fail if an input layer shares the same name as a map in the same project.
The Generate File Geodatabase License, Generate Licensed File Geodatabase, and Register Raster geoprocessing tools are unavailable with an ArcGIS Pro Basic license.
Layers in a three-level deep group layer do not work with geoprocessing tools.
ArcGIS Pro Arcpy documentation says a layer's dataSource property is 'read only,' though it is 'read and write'.
ArcGIS Pro crashes when using a raster as an input to the Layer to KML geoprocessing tool.
String "Export Map" is concatenated and caused the wrong translation.
ArcGIS Pro is unable to populate legends with feature symbology from map services.
Customizing the ArcGIS Pro ribbon with "Create new selection/Add to Current Selection" commands crashes the application.
The Copy command for a task group and a task creates duplicate steps in the copied task in certain scenarios.
Search cursor for a file geodatabase feature class in ArcGIS Pro is slower compared to in ArcObjects.
String "SQL Expression is valid" has double periods in the source.
Geographically small polygons are not labeling with Maplex
Texts are truncated in label class panel with French ArcGIS Pro 1.2.
A label text shows dynamic behavior when zooming in and out of the layout page in ArcGIS Pro.
2D Labels text shows dynamic behavior when zooming in and out of the layout page in ArcGIS Pro.
In ArcGIS Pro, the Point symbology with a rotation based on an attribute does not correctly rotate when exported to a PDF.
The Use Suggestions settings are not maintained when changed in the Locate pane in ArcGIS Pro.
Opening a saved project in ArcGIS Pro after changing password prompts the user to input correct password.
Labels can scale to a smaller size when the layout is exported.
The property page for any Raster Function is empty in Russian ArcGIS Pro.
Default values are not honored in Attributes pane when adding new records to related tables.
String in Tasks Option is hard- coded in localized versions of ArcGIS Pro.
New or Renamed models do not appear in Task Actions until ArcGIS Pro is closed and reopened.
When switching the map frame in a layout, the legend breaks and cannot be fixed.
ArcGIS Pro attribute table and map window do not refresh after running some geoprocessing tools that modify multi-user geodatabase versioned data.
In some cases when a datum transformation is added to the map due to the user adding a layer, it is not applied until the map is reopened.
3D labels text show dynamic behavior when zooming in and out on layout page in ArcGIS Pro.
In ArcMap 10.3.1, adding a netCDF file created in ArcGIS Pro with the Template Cube in the Create Space Time Cube tool returns the error, "The Reference Cube provided was created using an old version of Create Space Time Cube that has a serious logical flaw."
In ArcGIS Pro, geocoding an address in Prague gives an incorrect location when the data frame coordinate system is set to S-JTSK Krovak East North, but gives the correct location when set to Web Mercator (auxiliary sphere).
Exported raster statistics couldn't be imported with decimal separator in German (Austria) country setting.
The Geocode Addresses tool in ArcGIS Pro does not recognize an ArcGIS for Server geocode service which is published to a folder other than the root folder.
Maplex Label engine crashes at this extent when labeling fixed position in polygons.
Chinese characters are not represented correctly when converting a JSON file to a feature class using a geoprocessing service published to ArcGIS for Server on Linux or SUSE Linux.
The NDVI function is missing the option to create ‘Scientific Output.'
Please provide an option to choose units for extrusion values instead of applying extrusion in meters.
When the Description and Use Limitation elements in an item’s metadata have formatted text, spaces are removed between bold or italic text and the adjacent words, and also between hyperlinks and other words in the same paragraph.
When you try to underline text in the Description (Abstract) and Use Limitation elements in an item’s metadata, the underline formatting is not saved along with other changes you made to the item’s metadata.
Dissolve with Single Part option failing or generating incorrect output when run from 32bit Desktop only.
ITopologicalOperator.Intersect() returns the wrong number of intersection points for certain geometries ("lasso-shaped" geometries) while using esriGeometry0Dimension.
Point and line data cannot set Transparency option on symbol advanced setting.
ArcGIS Pro Does not display Japanese era name correctly.
The subsections below list known limitations by functional area of ArcGIS Pro. Software developers are actively working to fix these issues in future versions of the software.
Analysis and geoprocessing
- Display of a terrain dataset is not supported.
- Interactive editing of LAS datasets is not supported.
- Visibility-related tools do not support extruded features as 3D inputs.
- Edits to TIN and LAS dataset layers will not be reflected in the display.
- There is no graph output for Stack Profile or Skyline Graph.
Many geoprocessing tools are not yet supported in ArcGIS Pro.
Editing and Data Reviewer
- When tracing a circular feature with the same start and end point, unexpected results may occur.
- When layer properties for a layer are changed while new features are being added, the feature being edited will not reflect the new properties until the edit is completed.
- When layer symbology is set to Unique Values, you cannot change the symbol class in the attributes table from a list of unique values.
- The vertex handle color that is displayed while editing a feature cannot be changed.
- If a tool is active on the Modify Features pane, rows that appear selected in an open stand-alone table are only highlighted. To actually select rows, the Modify Features pane must be closed.
- The Selection Chip does not appear when you select coincident features using Active Select on the Modify Features pane.
- Layers symbolized with the heat map renderer cannot be edited. Change the layer to a supported renderer, and open the Status dialog box to update the status to Editable.
- When a feature layer has a broken data source, a group template may lose the feature templates and builders that reference the broken feature layer.
- Editing topology:
- Editing of map topology nodes is not fully available.
- On the Edit tab, in the Manage Edits group, clicking the Topology drop-down arrow and selecting No Topology does not clear the topology graph highlighted in the active map.
- Switching from Edges to Features editing mode with an active selection unselects the selected edges. This occurs with Move , Vertices , and Reshape .
- Switching to another tool after using Align Edge does not always clear the highlighted topology edge.
- Split may show a success notification in the pane when it fails to modify feature service features.
In a 2D map, when using Split to modify 3D features, on the Edit tab, in the Elevation group, click the Mode drop-down arrow and click Constant to enable the elevation tools. When the elevation tools are not enabled, new vertices along the cut are assigned the z-values of the cutting line.
- Only 3D scenes contain a Ground elevation surface by default. To add an elevation surface to a 2D map, open the Map Properties dialog box, click Elevation Surface, and click Add New Surface. Click Add elevation source , click All Portal, and type terrain3D in the search box.
- To use feature templates with related tables, the relationship must be defined with the feature class as the origin, and the relationship key cannot be an OID or GUID.
- On the Modify Features pane, the vertices table for Vertices and Continue is limited to displaying the following maximum number of vertices:
- 800,000 vertices for polyline and polygon features
- 50,000 vertices for multipatch features
Reviewer batch jobs
- The Connectivity Rules check is not supported for execution in ArcGIS Pro. Validation of geometric network datasets can be implemented using ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Desktop.
- The Custom check is not supported for execution in ArcGIS Pro.
- The Metadata check is not supported for execution in ArcGIS Pro. Validation of item metadata can be implemented using ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Desktop.
- Batch jobs added from a UNC path are copied in a project package when saved to a file with the Share outside of Organization option unchecked.
- The Session Results project items are not supported when packaging projects.
- The Session Results project items are not supported in templates.
- The Add Session context menu item is not disabled when there is an invalid Reviewer workspace connection.
- Column sorting in the Reviewer Results pane is not supported for keyboard accessibility.
- The Update Results pane does not support either Undo or Redo of edits.
- The Session Results project items do not support deletion of multiple sessions from the Project pane. Sessions must be added individually to the Delete Reviewer Session geoprocessing tool.
- The Execute Reviewer Batch Job Analysis Area parameter does not provide a list of feature classes when the feature layer option is selected.
- ArcGIS Pro 1.2 now supports Concurrent use and Single use licensing, in addition to Named user licensing. When the StreetMap Premium extension is converted to a Single use or Concurrent use license, StreetMap Premium maps will not be downloadable from ArcGIS Online. Users with the StreetMap Premium extension must do one of the following: continue to use the Named user licensing model, download StreetMap Premium maps before converting their license to Concurrent or Single use, or maintain a separate Named user with a StreetMap Premium license to make downloads.
- When you browse and search portal items in the Project pane, the View Metadata option in the context menu is disabled. Browse and search these items in the project view instead to see metadata that describes the item in detail.
- There is no way to import existing metadata to a new item using ArcGIS Pro. Also, you can't export metadata to the XML format associated with your current metadata style.
- When a new layer is created by adding a dataset to a map in your project, a copy of the dataset's existing metadata is transferred to the layer. However, you can only view and edit a small portion of that metadata in the layer's Properties dialog box—the portion that is associated with the Item Description metadata style. After saving a copy of the layer to a layer file (.lyrx), you can view and edit all of the layer's metadata content. The map layer's copy of the dataset's metadata isn't updated as the dataset's metadata changes. Similarly, the copy of the metadata stored in a layer file created from a map layer is not updated as the map layer's metadata changes, and the map layer is not updated if metadata for the layer file is edited.
- When maps and layers are shared to the active portal, their metadata is not currently transferred to the new portal item.
- Some items support metadata, but their metadata can't be accessed in ArcGIS Pro. For example, groups in the active portal have a description that isn't currently displayed in the project view. These items currently show the same message as other items that can't have metadata, such as tables in SQLite databases and Excel worksheets.
- When editing metadata in the metadata view, the validation error messages displayed at the top of a page don't remain visible as you edit the item's metadata; they move out of view as you scroll down to the bottom of the page. Also, you can't click the validation error messages to get to the area of the page where there is a problem to fix.
Geodatabases, databases, shapefiles, and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- After Reconcile and Post, if you change the version to another version, open Version Manager and try to delete the source version of the Reconcile and Post, the delete may fail with the error Version in Use. The workaround is to reopen the project; then the version can be deleted.
- The field mapping for shapefiles has changed. All existing data can be read correctly with the changes. Error handling when loading shapefiles has been enhanced, so some data that previously loaded may fail.
- Setting a definition query on a stand-alone table from Excel does not return any records if the table has a text field (text field does not need to be involved in actual query).
- There may be issues using SQLite and database (non-geodatabase) tables and feature classes as input to geoprocessing tools.
- On the New Query Layer dialog box, some unsupported field types may be listed in the columns table.
- When creating a query layer, you may be unable to cancel the extent calculation operation while adding a spatial database table to the map.
- If you view a historical moment for a nonversioned, archived feature class, open the attribute table, then change moments on the History pane, the right-click context menu may not work when viewing the attribute table.
- You may receive an error if you try to save adding a subtype, set domain, and set the default value at the same time, in Subtypes view.
- Reopening fields view after adding a field with a default value, the default value is not displayed.
- In Domains view, pressing the Delete key to delete a newly added domain marks the first domain as deleted.
- From the Project pane
- The Indexes tab on Layer Properties dialog box is read-only for shapefiles.
- Register as Versioned fails on a feature class stored within a user schema Oracle geodatabase.
- If a geodatabase is added to the project (Insert tab > Connections > Add Database), but an item is not selected in the Project pane, the Undo button is disabled.
- Data stored in a file geodatabase that is located in a folder that has .gdb at the end of the folder name cannot be added to the map. An example for how this could occur is unzipping a zipped file geodatabase named Data; the unzipped folder will be named Data.gdb. To fix this, rename the folder to remove .gdb from the folder name.
- Rename is not available for shapefiles.
- From the Project pane, users can delete a feature class that participates in a topology.
- On the Source tab of the Feature Class Properties dialog box, the Attachments property reports that attachments are not enabled when the feature class stored in a feature dataset has attachments, but the relationship class and attachment table are stored outside of the feature dataset.
- Database Connection dialog box
- If the connection dialog box for a connection with an unsaved user name and password is canceled, the connection is not shown as broken, and expanding and collapsing shows no data. The workaround is to refresh the connection to bring up the connection dialog box again.
- A mix of saved and unsaved connections to the same database could cause unsaved connections to inherit properties from saved connections. The best practice is to limit using only a single unsaved user name and password connection to a given database per project.
- When you delete a feature class owned by an operating-system authenticated user in Oracle, the database connection is not refreshed.
- Geoprocessing tools for geodatabases and databases
- For the Update Enterprise Geodatabase License geoprocessing tool, if the SDE user password is expiring, you are unable to update the expired license for the enterprise geodatabase.
- Changes made to domains, subtypes, and indexes using geoprocessing tools may not be reflected in Design Views until the project is closed and reopened.
- When you change a field alias using the Alter Field geoprocessing tool, the updated value may not display in fields view.
- Deleting a version using the Delete Version geoprocessing tool or the delete version parameter in the Reconcile Versions geoprocessing tool will delete the version even if it is still in use.
- The Alter Field geoprocessing tool lists the field alias instead of the field name in the field name parameter.
- The new fields that may be added to a table by executing the Enable Editor Tracking geoprocessing tool will not be reflected in the table until the project is closed and reopened.
- Layers created using the Create Database View geoprocessing tool should not be used in Domains or Subtypes view. ArcGIS Pro may crash when changes are saved.
- The Overlay Route Events geoprocessing tool is not functioning correctly. The workaround is to use the Python window in ArcGIS Pro to perform route overlays.
Geocoding and addresses
- Locator properties are currently only supported for regular locators stored in a folder and added to a project. Locator properties are not currently supported for portal locators, locators added from a server connection, and composite locators.
- Suggestions are supported in the Locate pane only for locators that are added automatically through the user's portal and for locators added through a server connection, not for local locators added from a folder location.
- The scrollbar on the Input Fields tab of the Locator Properties dialog box does not function correctly. If the top or bottom field in the list is selected, you cannot scroll either down or up, respectively. The workaround is to either select a field from the middle of the list, which will allow the scrollbar to function as expected, or to manually navigate through the list of fields using the arrow keys on the keyboard.
Imagery and raster
- Swipe does not work in 3D.
- The XYZ format is not working.
- There is no way to choose which subdataset to show within a multipage image. The first subdataset always displays by default.
- You will see artifacts when working with function chains using DRA (Dynamic Range Adjustment) or when applying DRA using the Appearance tab.
- Resetting Data Source on a raster or mosaic dataset layer does not refresh the renderer.
- The Extents environment setting is not being honored.
- Because of computational demand, zoom to a 1:1 resolution before executing the Segmentation Mean Shift function.
- Raster Catalog support has been deprecated. You can use the following workflow to convert a raster catalog to a mosaic dataset.
- The Export Tile Cache tool will fail if you try to export your cache as a Tile Package.
- Search history on the Functions pane is cleared after opening the function UI.
- The Remote Processing Server, user name, and password setting is visible in geoprocessing environments.
- The online help system contains the latest content, so you may notice some differences between it and the offline, or installed, help.
- Notes you make in the offline help can disappear when navigating between topics.
After updating your localized version of the ArcGIS Pro 1.2 Beta software with the final and nonlocalized (English) version of ArcGIS Pro 1.2, an error appears when starting ArcGIS Pro, and the Splash screen continues to display Beta. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Close the error message and ArcGIS Pro.
- Uninstall the ArcGIS Pro 1.2 Beta language pack or packs.
- Open ArcGIS Pro.
If you haven't upgraded your localized (non-English) Beta version to the final version of ArcGIS Pro 1.2, uninstall the Beta language pack or packs and proceed with the upgrade.
- When using the Hebrew language pack on a dual monitor display with ArcGIS Pro positioned on the right-side monitor, expanding a pane, such as the Contents pane, to the right causes it to expand to the left, or the opposite direction. If you encounter this issue, undock the pane.
- If the ArcGIS Pro session is closed, but an Indexing service is still running, a license is still consumed.
- When configuring ArcGIS Pro to use the Concurrent Use license option and the number of available seats for an extension is zero, unchecking the extension's check box will cause the check box to become disabled. If you need to select the box again, you must click Cancel and open the Licensing dialog box.
- Authorizing extension licenses for an ArcGIS Pro Single Use license is not reflected on the Licensing screen until ArcGIS Pro is restarted.
- When authorizing a Concurrent Use license, the Licensing dialog box only provides fields for a primary license manager and one backup. Additional backup license managers can be added using the following syntax: LM2;@LM3 where LM2 and LM3 are backup license managers.
- If the error message "Unable to Prepare Your Authorization" appears when authorizing Single Use licenses after a silent or automatic upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 1.2, running ProLS.msi to update the FlexNet licensing service should fix the problem. You can find the ProLS.msi file at <ArcGIS Pro install directory>\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcGIS Pro Licensing Service\ProLS.msi.
Mapping and visualization
- It is not possible to set placement positions for polygon labels in 3D.
- One-digit numeric text will not display Eastern Arabic digits when the locale or text symbol settings are set for this type of display.
- OLE objects, tables, graphs, grids and graticules, neatlines, and map frame clipping are not currently supported; therefore, they will be dropped on import.
Maps and scenes
- When consuming a web scene layer with tree symbology in ArcGIS Pro, the trees will not display.
- When consuming web scenes in ArcGIS Pro with point or multipatch geometry, the pop-up window will be empty. The pop-up will show the information after it has been reconfigured.
- You cannot specify a selection symbol per layer. If you import a map with a selection symbol set for a layer, the main color is extracted from the symbol and set as the selection color for that layer.
- Heat map symbology for point feature layers in a scene are drawn using real-world units. If you switch to a different symbology method, new symbols will also draw in real-world units, possibly rendering them so small that they are difficult to see. To change this setting, right-click on the layer in the Contents pane and click Properties. In the Layer Properties dialog box, click the Display tab and uncheck Display 3D symbols in real-world units.
- Time is not supported across linked views.
- Stand-alone tables do not honor filtering the current range and time properties for the associated layer.
- GCS WGS 1984 will always be listed as a datum in use for scenes. You can choose a different transformation from the Transformation tab on the Map Properties dialog box. To learn more about transformations, see Coordinate systems, projections, and transformations.
- The point symbols used in point layers symbolized with unclassed-colors symbology will convert to simple circles in maps that are shared to ArcGIS Online. A warning will not appear when the map is analyzed.
- The color scheme applied to a layer symbolized as a heat map may appear differently when the map is shared to ArcGIS Online.
- Bookmark files (.dat) from ArcGIS Desktop cannot be imported into ArcGIS Pro. To create an animation in ArcGIS Pro from bookmarks used in a desktop document, they must be part of the map, globe, or scene document and the document imported into your project.
- The table view will not update to show the correct subset of time-enabled records if the start time on the time slider is locked.
Vector tile creation
- Vector tiles created from maps labeled with right-to-left languages, or languages that use contextual shaping, do not display correctly in clients consuming vector tiles.
Range has the following known issues:
- It is not supported across linked views.
- When different ranges are set in multiple views of the same map, geoprocessing tools will only use the first view's range filter settings. This also applies to time filter settings.
- Range layer properties cannot be defined for multiple layers at once.
- Range slider properties are not persisted per range when multiple ranges are defined.
- Expressions are not yet supported for range definitions.
- An imported ArcMap, ArcGlobe, or ArcScene document containing an animation will not import the animation. The animation isn't imported because animations in ArcGIS Pro are built on a new framework that includes properties such as view extent, visible layers, and current map time in single keyframes. It is recommended that you remove ArcGIS Desktop animations before importing the document into ArcGIS Pro.
- In global scene views, when animating the camera over the north or south pole, the camera may take an indirect path between keyframes. This is a known issue relating to the camera's coordinate system and it is accentuated near the poles.
- Windows Media Player may not play exported animation video from ArcGIS Pro. If Windows Media Player or another common video player does not play your animation video exported from ArcGIS Pro, you will need to download and install the missing codec files. (It may be missing the necessary codecs.) See Common animation questions to learn more about potential issues with viewing an exported animation.
- Rendering may vary unexpectedly for the same symbol drawn in a 2D and 3D context.
- Custom geometric effects are stripped from symbols when they are converted from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro. There will be no indication that this has occurred and symbol geometry logic may therefore be disrupted.
- Procedural symbol
layers may have the following issues:
- The symbol preview shows a sketch of only one procedural symbol layer at a time in multilayered symbols.
- Transparency may not draw correctly in a symbol with a gradient stroke symbol layer where one of the two colors is transparent. To ensure that transparency is honored properly, open the color properties of the transparent color, and set the other color values (red, green, blue) all to 0.
- Searching for styles or within styles from a project view is not yet available.
- If a style (.stylx) is added to a project with a higher version number than the application, the style will be read-only. For example, a style created in ArcGIS Pro1.2, opened in an ArcGIS Pro version 1.1 project, will be read-only.
Beginning with ArcGIS Pro 1.2, projects and project templates (.aprx, .ppkx, and .aptx files, respectively) saved with any version of ArcGIS Pro 1.x can be opened and used. However, projects and project templates saved using ArcGIS Pro 1.2 or a later version of the software cannot be opened by ArcGIS Pro 1.0 or 1.1. Similarly, projects and project templates saved using ArcGIS Pro 1.1 cannot be opened using version 1.0.
In the same manner, maps and map packages (.mapx and .mpkx files) created with any version of ArcGIS Pro 1.x can be added to an ArcGIS Pro 1.2 project. Also, layers (.lyrx and .lpkx files) created with any version of ArcGIS Pro 1.x can be added to an ArcGIS Pro 1.2 map. However, prior versions of ArcGIS Pro cannot use maps and layers created with later versions of ArcGIS Pro. For example, ArcGIS Pro 1.1 cannot use ArcGIS Pro 1.2 maps and layers.
- The recent projects list on the ArcGIS Pro start page may include projects that have been deleted or ones you want to remove from the list. Remove them by right-clicking the project in question and clicking Remove From List.
- Do not provide spaces immediately before or after the project name when you create a new project, open an existing project, or save a copy of the current project. This can happen accidentally if a word or phrase is copied from another document and pasted in the Create a New Project dialog box, the Open dialog box, or the Save As dialog box.
- When the Browse dialog box is used to browse folder connections, database connections, and so on, you see all items they contain. However, when you use the Browse dialog box to browse items in the active portal, only the first few items that satisfy the filter currently used by the dialog box will be listed. Type keywords into the Search text box identifying the items you want to use and press Enter to find those items. If the items you were looking for don't show up in the list, modify the keywords in the Search text box to better select the items of interest. The option to find more items will not appear at the bottom of the contents list in either the Browse dialog box or the project view.
- When you choose to work with all items you can access from the active portal by clicking All Portal in the Project pane, the project view, or the Browse dialog box, a list of available items does not immediately appear. Type keywords into the Search text box identifying the items you want to use and press Enter to find those items.
Visit the ArcGIS ProSDK for .NET wiki to find the current release notes.
Sharing and online
- Packages created in ArcGIS Pro can only be opened in ArcGIS Pro. If you have 10.x installed on the same machine, and you double-click a package created in ArcGIS Pro, you will receive a message that the package is invalid.
- Web scene layers cannot be published to ArcGIS Online.
- When sharing a web layer with a pop-up that is configured to include an image sourced from an attachment, the image is dropped from the web layer.
- When using the ArcPy mapping method CreateWebLayerSDDraft, metadata and folder options are not honored.
- Overriding a service name in the Upload Service Definition geoprocessing tool only modifies the service item's title. It does not modify the service item name.
- An additional parameter, staging_version, is available through the Python API for StageService. Values should not be provided for the parameter.
- Referencing registered data in a Teradata database can fail or result in an empty service. Instead of referencing the registered data, it can be copied.
- Registered data stores that have different database connections for the publisher's machine and the server cannot be referenced.
- Feature layers that reference registered data cannot have sync or export capabilities enabled.
- Tile layers cannot reference registered data sources.
- Workflow View: A job opened in a project in ArcGIS Pro, saved as part of a project, and then opened and deleted in ArcMap, can still be interacted with in ArcGIS Pro.
- Mapping: Repoint of multiple data frames does not work.
- Workflow Manager Database Connection: Does not support project instances or user schema for Oracle connections.
- Launching a Map—Tasks: The task opens with the first step as active every time the map is opened by the Workflow Manager step. The state of the task is not preserved when the map is closed.
- Launching a Map—Tasks: If the task being opened by the step is already installed, it will be removed once the map is closed as well.
- Launching a Map—Tasks: The task history is not logged in Workflow Manager history.
- AOI Editing rules are not honored for new features added to a feature service.
- Offline jobs: A job created when the project is offline cannot be brought online.
- Python API: Overriding extended properties prior to creation are not reflected in notifications and logged activities in the job history.
To view the PDF document, you need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, which you can download free from https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/products/pdf-reader.html.