The list of issues addressed describes bugs that were reported to Esri Technical Support and are fixed in the latest versions of ArcGIS Pro.
Issues addressed at ArcGIS Pro 1.3.1
ArcGIS Pro 1.3 Patch 1 (1.3.1) fixes the issues listed below. No new functionality is included with this patch. Therefore, you can expect the following items to work seamlessly between 1.3 (1.3.0) and 1.3.1:
- Project files, project templates, and project packages (.aprx, .aptx, and .ppkx)
- Layer files and layer packages (.lyrx and .lpkx)
- Layout files (.pagx)
- Map files and map packages (.mapx and .mpkx)
- Task files (.esriTask)
- Custom functionality built using the ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET
- Custom tools built using geoprocessing or the ArcGIS Pro ArcPy site package
- Packaging, publishing, and sharing (for example, publishing web maps to ArcGIS Online)
Certain large multipatch feature classes cause the Create Scene Layer Package tool to crash (or the tool completes with missing textures).
ArcGIS Pro 1.3 crashes on Windows 7 machines when running the Calculate Field tool on a feature service.
ArcGIS Pro may crash when closing a map if the map is rotated after performing certain edits.
When aggregating data, the Optimized Hot Spot Analysis tool honors the number of unique input point locations rather than the actual count of points.
Issues addressed at ArcGIS Pro 1.3
ArcGIS Pro 1.3 fixes the issues listed below. See What's new in ArcGIS Pro 1.3 to learn about new functionality introduced in this update.
ArcGIS Pro does not recognize project (.prj) files and other file formats (such as .ntf, .grb, .hdf, and .ntf) as input when adding rasters to a mosaic dataset.
An error occurs when editing with an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service that has a column of type GUID in ArcGIS Pro.
For SKETCH in ArcGIS Pro, lines are not drawn parallel to the feature when the map and the feature class have different coordinate systems when using the Parallel option.
Joining data from an Excel spreadsheet in ArcGIS Pro results in values for all the fields from Excel.
Add Attribute does not load from resources in Task Designer with localized versions.
Search does not return results for the Conditional tool in the German version of ArcGIS Pro.
Updating symbology for a layer changes the layer cache settings back to the default.
ArcGIS Pro1.2 with a Japanese language pack crashes when the Raster Iterator or File Iterator is added to ModelBuilder.
In the Function Editor, the Cancel button is not translated in localized versions.
The Batch Project tool does not recognize the list of shapefiles in ArcGIS Pro.
Date values containing the year 1600 or earlier don't display correctly in ArcGIS Pro.
Attributes containing Norwegian characters display incorrectly for shapefiles.
In ArcGIS Pro 1.2 there is nonlocalized text in the column header of the value table for Multidimension tools, Create OPeNDAP Raster Layer.
When viewing the Attribute Table or Pop-up of a feature service, coded value domains display codes instead of the expected descriptions.
An error occurs when setting the elevation surface as an 8-bit signed, 8-bit unsigned, or 16-bit unsigned integer single-band raster dataset.
The arcpy.mp.CreateWebLayerSDDraft function does not honor some parameters, including the overwrite_existing_service parameter.
In the Alter Domain tool, items in the New Split Policy and New Merge Policy drop-down lists are not translated in localized versions.
Values for external zones in label classes behave incorrectly.
3D map frames in a layout get exported to PDF as if they were 2D maps.
The layout does not honor aligning point symbols to map frame rotation when alignment angle is set to Map.
When setting transparency on Imagery Basemap in ArcGIS Pro 1.2 and the map is exported and then set back to no transparency, all subsequent exports still retain transparency regardless of which format is selected.
Exporting a layout of a 3D scene from ArcGIS Pro is slower than expected.
Page sizes listed in the layout gallery and Layout Properties dialog box are displayed incorrectly in languages that are written right to left.
The output is incorrect when exporting to PDF with attribute-driven symbology.
The Make Query Table tool fails while working with fields of different names, even if the field type is the same.
Identify operation on WMS layer fails when info format is plain text or XML.
Vector tile packages excessively alter source data geometry of detailed small-scale features.
The subsections below list known limitations by functional area of ArcGIS Pro. Software developers are actively working to fix these issues in future versions of the software.
Analysis and geoprocessing
If you provide Subset polygon features into EBK Regression Prediction and create an Output diagnostic feature class, you may encounter errors during tool execution. This instability only occurs on Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems. If you encounter these errors, close ArcGIS Pro, delete all files in the Geostatistical Analyst cache folder, reopen ArcGIS Pro, and rerun the tool.
Not all network analysis options are supported when using a portal service as a network data source. Input table fields with specific values for cutoffs, additional time or distance, and number of facilities to find on a per-feature basis are ignored in the analysis. The network analysis layer’s default value will be used for all input features. For example, Service Area layers referencing portal services do not support per-facility cutoffs overriding the layer’s default cutoff values.
For the Weighted Overlay and Weighted Sum tools, if using a feature class as a Mask in the Environment settings, you may encounter an error message ERROR 010050: Cell size is not set. The workaround is to first convert the feature class to a raster dataset, and then use that raster as the mask environment instead.
Editing and Data Reviewer
- When tracing a circular feature with the same start and end point, unexpected results may occur.
- When layer properties for a layer are changed while new features are being added, the feature being edited will not reflect the new properties until the edit is completed.
- When layer symbology is set to Unique Values, you cannot change the symbol class in the attributes table from a list of unique values.
- The vertex handle color that is displayed while editing a feature cannot be changed.
- The Selection Chip does not appear when you select coincident features using Active Select in the Modify Features pane.
- Layers symbolized with the heat map renderer cannot be edited. Change the layer to a supported renderer, and open the Status dialog box to update the status to Editable.
- When a feature layer has a broken data source, a group template may lose the feature templates and builders that reference the broken feature layer.
- Split may show a success notification in the pane when it fails to modify feature service features.
- Only 3D scenes contain a Ground elevation surface by default. To add an elevation surface to a 2D map, open the Map Properties dialog box, click Elevation Surface, and click Add New Surface. Click Add elevation source , click All Portal, and type terrain3D in the search box.
- To use feature templates with related tables, the relationship must be defined with the feature class as the origin, and the relationship key cannot be an OID or GUID.
- On the Modify Features pane, the vertices table for Vertices and Continue is limited to displaying the following maximum number of vertices:
- 800,000 vertices for polyline and polygon features
- 50,000 vertices for multipatch features
- Map topology:
- Editing of map topology nodes is not fully available.
- Switching from Edges to Features editing mode with an active selection unselects the selected edges. This occurs with Move , Vertices , and Reshape .
- Geodatabase topology:
- The following predefined fixes are not implemented: Merge, Merge to largest, Snap, Explode, and Simplify.
- The Fix Error tool will fail if the Error layers are not selectable.
- Geodatabase topology administration is available only with ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- A Geodatabase Topology properties page is not available for exposing the participating feature classes, subtypes, rules, and cluster tolerance.
There are no new known issues for Data Reviewer in this version; however, the known issues for 1.2 still exist.
- There is no way to import existing metadata to a new item using ArcGIS Pro. Also, you can't export metadata to the XML format associated with your current metadata style.
- When maps and layers are shared to the active portal, their metadata is not currently transferred to the new portal item.
- Some items support metadata, but their metadata can't be accessed in ArcGIS Pro. For example, groups in the active portal have a description that isn't currently displayed in the project view. These items currently show the same message as other items that can't have metadata, such as tables in SQLite databases and Excel worksheets.
- When editing metadata in the metadata view, the validation error messages displayed at the top of a page don't remain visible as you edit the item's metadata; they move out of view as you scroll down to the bottom of the page. Also, you can't click the validation error messages to get to the area of the page where there is a problem to fix.
Geodatabases, databases, shapefiles, and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- When working with an archived feature class, if you change the moment and then open the attribute table, the context menu options will not work.
- Adding a newly created feature class in a spatial database to the map may cause a crash.
- Setting a definition query on a stand-alone table from Excel does not return any records if the table has a text field (text field does not need to be involved in actual query).
- There may be issues using SQLite and database (nongeodatabase) tables and feature classes as input to geoprocessing tools.
- On the New Query Layer dialog box, some unsupported field types may be listed in the columns table.
- You may receive an error if you try to save adding a subtype, set domain, and set the default value at the same time in Subtypes view.
- From the Project pane
- Rename is not available for shapefiles.
- Database Connection dialog box
- If the connection dialog box for a connection with an unsaved user name and password is canceled, the connection is not shown as broken, and expanding and collapsing shows no data. The workaround is to refresh the connection to bring up the connection dialog box again.
- A mix of saved and unsaved connections to the same database could cause unsaved connections to inherit properties from saved connections. The best practice is to limit using only a single unsaved user name and password connection to a given database per project.
- Geoprocessing tools for geodatabases and databases
- The geoprocessing tools in the Topology toolset are only available in Python. They are not available in the Geoprocessing pane.
- The AddRuleToTopology tool will fail if the optional second feature class parameter is left blank. If you are trying to add the rule to one feature class, the workaround is to specify the same feature class for both input feature class parameters.
- Changes made to domains, subtypes, and indexes using geoprocessing tools may not be reflected in Design Views until the project is closed and reopened.
- The Alter Field geoprocessing tool lists the field alias instead of the field name in the field name parameter.
- The new fields that may be added to a table by executing the Enable Editor Tracking geoprocessing tool will not be reflected in the table until the project is closed and reopened.
- The Overlay Route Events geoprocessing tool is not functioning correctly. The workaround is to use the Python window in ArcGIS Pro to perform route overlays.
Imagery and raster
- Swipe does not work in 3D.
- The XYZ format is not working.
- There is no way to choose which subdataset to show within a multipage image. The first subdataset always displays by default.
- The Extents environment setting is not being honored.
- Raster catalog support has been deprecated. You can use the following workflow to convert a raster catalog to a mosaic dataset.
- Formatting the color scheme may cause ArcGIS Pro to crash.
- Reverse ordering the classified renderer will not update all of the colors properly.
- When configuring ArcGIS Pro to use the Concurrent Use license option, if the number of available seats for an extension is zero, unchecking the extension's check box will cause the check box to become disabled. If you need to select the box again, you must click Cancel and then click Configure your licensing options to open the Licensing dialog box.
- Authorizing extension licenses for an ArcGIS Pro Single Use license is not reflected on the Licensing screen until ArcGIS Pro is restarted.
- When authorizing a Concurrent Use license, the Licensing dialog box only provides fields for a primary license manager and one backup. Additional backup license managers can be added using the following syntax: LM2;@LM3 where LM2 and LM3 are backup license managers.
Mapping and visualization
- It is not possible to set placement positions for polygon labels in 3D.
- One-digit numeric text will not display Eastern Arabic digits when the locale or text symbol settings are set for this type of display.
Maps and scenes
- You cannot specify a selection symbol per layer. If you import a map with a selection symbol set for a layer, the main color is extracted from the symbol and set as the selection color for that layer.
- Heat map symbology for point feature layers in a scene are drawn using real-world units. If you switch to a different symbology method, new symbols will also draw in real-world units, possibly rendering them so small that they are difficult to see. To change this setting, right-click the layer in the Contents pane and click Properties. On the Layer Properties dialog box, click the Display tab and uncheck Display 3D symbols in real-world units.
- Time is not supported across linked views.
- GCS WGS 1984 will always be listed as a datum in use for scenes. You can choose a different transformation from the Transformation tab on the Map Properties dialog box. To learn more about transformations, see Coordinate systems, projections, and transformations.
- The color scheme applied to a layer symbolized as a heat map may appear differently when the map is shared to ArcGIS Online.
- Bookmark files (.dat) from ArcGIS Desktop cannot be imported into ArcGIS Pro. To create an animation in ArcGIS Pro from bookmarks used in a desktop document, they must be part of the map, globe, or scene document and the document imported into your project.
- A crash can occur when a network link refreshes a time-enabled KML source file.
- Remote styles are not honored in some cases.
- KML opacity property is not honored when set in a style.
- Inline style elements on ground overlays are not honored.
- Line style on extruded points that are not honored will render as white.
- Tessellated lines in 3D may draw coarsely.
- Rotated ground overlays are not supported yet.
- Some KML screen overlays are not yet supported.
- KML camera is not honored if it is at or below the ground surface.
- Some ground overlay image formats are not supported.
- KML scale and orientation properties are not honored on 3D model marker symbol layers.
Vector tile creation
- Vector tiles created from maps labeled with right-to-left languages, or languages that use contextual shaping, do not display correctly in clients consuming vector tiles.
- The range slider is not supported across linked views.
- When different ranges are set in multiple views of the same map, geoprocessing tools will only use the first view's range filter settings. This also applies to time filter settings.
- Range layer properties cannot be defined for multiple layers at once.
- Range slider properties are not persisted per range when multiple ranges are defined.
- Expressions are not yet supported for range definitions.
- An imported ArcMap, ArcGlobe, or ArcScene document containing an animation will not import the animation. The animation isn't imported because animations in ArcGIS Pro are built on a new framework that includes properties such as view extent, visible layers, and current map time in single keyframes. It is recommended that you remove ArcGIS Desktop animations before importing the document into ArcGIS Pro.
- In global scene views, when animating the camera over the north or south pole, the camera may take an indirect path between keyframes. This is a known issue relating to the camera's coordinate system and it is accentuated near the poles.
- Windows Media Player may not play exported animation video from ArcGIS Pro. If Windows Media Player or another common video player does not play your animation video exported from ArcGIS Pro, you will need to download and install the missing codec files. (It may be missing the necessary codecs.) See Common animation questions to learn more about potential issues with viewing an exported animation.
- Animations do not support playback of range data if the range slider is set to use Single Value mode (which simplifies the range slider for integer values), or a span of zero unless specifically using the Import > Range Slider Steps method.
- Adjustments made to proportional symbology settings are sometimes not respected by the Undo command.
- Values less than 1 are excluded from the legend in the Contents pane and in a layout for layers drawn with relative-sized proportional symbology, when a maximum size is specified.
- Features in the 3D Layers category of a scene drawn with proportional symbology using 2D symbols are not extruded when the Data represents property is set to Height.
- The unit values may not update properly in the Symbology pane when you check Display 3D symbols in real world units on the Layer Properties dialog box.
- Rendering may vary unexpectedly for the same symbol drawn in a 2D and 3D context. See Unsupported symbol drawing for more information.
- Custom geometric effects are stripped from symbols when they are converted from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro. There will be no indication that this has occurred and symbol geometry logic may therefore be disrupted.
- The symbol preview shows a sketch of only one procedural symbol layer at a time in multilayered symbols.
- Alternate symbols (different symbols drawn at different scales) do not participate in symbol layer drawing.
- Searching for styles within a project view is not yet available.
Web feature layers (feature services)
At ArcGIS Pro 1.3, feature caching was enabled by default for web feature layers (feature services). This works by downloading a local cache of data for a given map extent so that data does not need to be requested from the service when zooming, displaying, selecting data, and so on. For services that support pagination, ArcGIS Pro fills the local cache with pages requested from the server. For services that do not support pagination, ArcGIS Pro uses only a single page to fill the cache; the number of features for the page is based on the maxrecordcount property for the service. This means, for a given extent, you may not get all features when zoomed out too far and the cache is filled. The workaround for this issue is to disable feature caching for services that do not support pagination.
- Including a space immediately before or after the project name when you create a new project, open an existing project, or save a copy of the current project may cause unexpected behavior, such as the OK button on the Create a New Project dialog box remaining disabled when it should become enabled.
- When you choose to work with all items you can access from the active portal by clicking All Portal in the Project pane, the project view, or the Browse dialog box, a list of available items does not immediately appear. Type keywords into the Search text box identifying the items you want to use and press Enter to find those items.
- When searching for portal items on the Browse dialog box and the project view, a set of items that satisfy the current filter and the search criteria will be listed. If the item you were looking for doesn't show up in the list, modify the keywords in the Search text box to better select the items of interest. The option to find more items that match the current set of search criteria will not appear at the bottom of the contents list.
- When searching the contents of the active portal, you can search for web layers and then browse into them to see the layers and tables they contain. However, you can't search directly for the layers and tables contained by a web layer. If the web layer doesn't include providing data as one of its capabilities, the layers and tables it contains can't be added to a map.
- When searching for items on the local file system, if you search using text that occurs before or after the period character (.) in any field in the item description (including the item's file name), you will not be able to find the item using that text unless it also occurs somewhere else in the item description separately, such as in the item's keywords. For example, if the description includes the text June.16, the item will not be found when searching for June or 16. You would only be able to find the item by searching for the entire string June.16. In contrast, when text includes the underscore character (_), you can find the item using only the text that appears before or after the underscore.
- Geoprocessing packages can be published or uploaded to the active portal. However, these items are not currently available in the Project pane, the project view, and the Browse dialog box. Download the item from the active portal using a web browser, and then add a folder connection accessing the location on disk where the geoprocessing package file (.gpkx) is stored. From the Project tab in the Project pane, right-click the package and click Add To Project.
Sharing and online
- Packages created in ArcGIS Pro can only be opened in ArcGIS Pro. If you have 10.x installed on the same machine, and you double-click a package created in ArcGIS Pro, you will receive a message that the package is invalid.
- When sharing a web layer with a pop-up that is configured to include an image sourced from an attachment, the image is dropped from the web layer.
- When using the ArcPy mapping method CreateWebLayerSDDraft, metadata and folder options are not honored.
- Overriding a service name in the Upload Service Definition geoprocessing tool only modifies the service item's title. It does not modify the service item name.
- An additional parameter, staging_version, is available through the Python API for StageService. Values should not be provided for the parameter.
- Referencing registered data in a Teradata database can fail or result in an empty service. Instead of referencing the registered data, it can be copied.
- Registered data stores that have different database connections for the publisher's machine and the server cannot be referenced.
- Feature layers that reference registered data cannot have sync or export capabilities enabled.
- Tile layers cannot reference registered data sources.
- When sharing a scene to Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 or 10.4.1 with a mosaic dataset as an elevation source, you are unable to modify the Minimum level of detail of the web elevation layer to ensure caching doesn't occur past the minimum visibility.
- Workflow View: A job opened in a project in ArcGIS Pro, saved as part of a project, and then opened and deleted in ArcMap, can still be interacted with in ArcGIS Pro.
- Workflow View: Sometimes, selecting a job in the Job List does not highlight the respective AOI in Job LOI Map.
- Mapping: Repoint of multiple data frames does not work.
- Workflow Manager Database Connection: Does not support project instances or user schema for Oracle connections.
- Launching a Map—Tasks: The task opens with the first step as active every time the map is opened by the Workflow Manager step. The state of the task is not preserved when the map is closed.
- Launching a Map—Tasks: If the task being opened by the step is already installed, it will be removed once the map is closed as well.
- Steps: LaunchGP steps cannot run a model created in ArcGIS Desktop.
- AOI Editing rules: The rules are not honored for new features added to a feature service.
- AOI Editing rules: When the rule is set to display a warning when editing completely outside the AOI, a new feature created outside the AOI is not deleted automatically if you choose to not save the edits on the warning displayed.
- AOI Editing rules: When using an Oracle database, the rules are not triggered correctly. The warnings may not display, and features can be moved and created outside the AOI.
- Offline jobs: A job created when the project is offline cannot be brought online.
To view the PDF document, you need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, which you can download for free from https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/products/pdf-reader.html.