The offline help system is keyboard accessible. There are a variety of commands that allow you to search, bookmark, and annotate topics. To open the help system, press F1 on your keyboard.
There are three main areas you will use in the offline help system, which are outlined in the screen capture below. The first area, labeled , is the tabs (Documentation, Bookmarks, Notes, and Search Results); the second area, labeled , is the table of contents; and the third area, labeled , is the topic frame where you read the topic.
Search the help system
The app opens with the pointer in the search box.
- Type a search term and press Enter.
The Search Results tab will display relevant topics.
- Press Tab twice to focus on a topic's title and press Enter to go to a topic.
- To return to the Search Results tab, press Alt+4.
- To delete the entry, from the search box, press Tab to delete the entry.
Recent search terms
On the Search tab, you can view recent searches and return to the results as needed.
- Press Tab to focus on the term history drop-down menu .
- Press Enter to see terms you previously used. Use the arrow keys to choose between recently searched terms and press Enter to display those search results.
- To return to the tabs at the top of the app, press Ctrl + Tab until focus has changed to the desired tab or search box.
Browse topics on the Documentation tab
- Press the Tab key twice to move into the table of contents.
- Use the arrow keys to browse the table of contents.
- Once you've located a topic, press Tab three times to move into the topic.
- Press Tab again to move to the first link in the topic.
- Use the up arrow and down arrow keys to scroll through the topic.
The following keyboard shortcuts are for the tabs at the top of the app and commands that interact with them. These tabs are always available when using the offline help system. The Alt commands make the respective tab active. From any given tab, you can press Tab to shift focus to different parts of the application.
Go to the Documentation tab.
Go to the Bookmarks tab.
Go to the Notes tab.
Go to the Search Results tab.
Go to the Search box.
Right and left arrow keys
Move between the Documentation, Bookmarks, Notes, and Search Results tabs.
|Ctrl + Tab|
Move between the core tabs, search, table of contents, scroll bar, and topic.
Add a bookmark .
Add a note .
Scale topic/Zoom in.
Scale topic/Zoom out.
Move to the next link in a topic or search results.
|Ctrl + P|
Print the selected topic.
- Press Ctrl+B to bookmark a topic.
The bookmark is added to the Bookmarks tab and the Add Bookmark icon at the bottom of the app changes to Delete Bookmark .
- To see your bookmarks, press Alt+2. The Bookmarks tab lists your bookmarks in the order you added them.
- To select a bookmark, press Tab until the app focus is on a bookmark.
- Use the up arrow and down arrow keys to move between bookmarks.
- Press Enter to go to a selected bookmark.
- To delete a bookmark, press Tab to focus on the delete icon in the bookmark frame and press Enter.
Add a note
- To create a note, press Ctrl+N.
When a note has been created, the Notes text box will appear.
- To enter text in the note, press Ctrl+Tab until the cursor appears in the Notes text box.
When the note is created, the icon at the bottom of the app changes to Delete note where the note can be deleted if you choose.
- Once you finish typing, press Tab three times to move to the Hide Note button . Press Enter.
View a note
- To open your list of notes, press Alt+3.
The Notes tab lists your notes in the order you added them.
- Press Tab until the app focus is on a note.
- Use the up arrow and down arrow keys to move between notes.
- Press Enter to go to the topic and open the note.
Edit a note
- To edit the note's text on the Notes tab, press Tab and change the text using your keyboard.
- When you are satisfied with the note, press Tab. to move to the Navigate button and press Enter to open the topic.
Delete a note
To delete a note, press Tab to move to the Delete note button in the note frame and press Enter. On the Delete note prompt, press the left arrow key to select Yes. Press Enter to delete the note.