Available with 3D Analyst license.
The ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension in ArcGIS Pro provides tools to work with GIS data in a three-dimensional (3D) context.
Using ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension, you can do the following:
- Create and analyze surfaces and other 3D data.
- Import 3D feature data from multiple sources.
- Use TINs as an elevation source.
- Manage and maintain lidar data using the LAS dataset.
- Edit point classification of lidar data using the LAS dataset and geoprocessing tools.
- Update surface data over time.
- Conduct visibility analysis with 3D feature and surface data.
- Evaluate geometric properties and relationships between three-dimensional features.
3D capabilities previously provided with ArcScene and ArcGlobe have been incorporated into 3D scenes in ArcGIS Pro. You do not need an ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension license to visualize GIS data in a 3D environment with ArcGIS Pro. To better understand how to use ArcGIS Pro and 3D scenes, see Scenes.
- The Terrain dataset is not supported with this version of ArcGIS Pro. Geoprocessing tools that support terrain datasets will still function properly; however, the output terrain dataset will not be added to the map or scene views.