ArcGIS Server platforms do not support all the data formats that ArcGIS Desktop supports. If any of the following data formats are present in a folder registered with the server's data store, and your task uses this data, you will not be able to publish.
- Personal geodatabase (pgdb)
- Excel table
There are two solutions: unregister the folder in the data store or convert the data.
Convert the data
You must convert your data to a supported format (usually a file geodatabase), rerun your tool using the supported format, and share the newly created result. In general, the steps are
- Create a new file geodatabase within the folder registered with the server's data store. You can use the Create File GDB tool to create the new file geodatabase.
- Convert the unsupported data to a file geodatabase using any of the following techniques:
- Use tools in the To Geodatabase toolset (Conversion toolbox), such as the Feature Class to Geodatabase tool, to copy the data into the new file geodatabase. Alternatively, the Copy Features and Copy Rows tools can also be used to copy features and tables into a file geodatabase.
- For converting an entire personal geodatabase into a file geodatabase, you can use the Export XML Workspace Document tool to export the entire personal geodatabase to an XML document (be sure to set the Export Options parameter to DATA and the Storage Type parameter to BINARY). You can then import this XML document to a file geodatabase using the Import XML Workspace Document.
- For Excel tables, use the Copy Rows or Table To Geodatabase tool to copy the Excel table to a file geodatabase.
- Open and run the tool again to create a new history item. Use the converted datasets, or layers based on the converted dataset, as inputs to the tool.
- Share the new history item.