The steps below show how to assign an evaluator to the cost attribute. These steps can also be used to assign evaluators to restriction attributes.
- Access network attributes from the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
- Click the Costs tab.
- From the list of available cost attributes, select the one to which you want to assign an evaluator.
- In the Evaluators section, for the Edges source feature, select a type of evaluator from the Type drop-down list and define its value in the Value column.
- Repeat the previous steps to define evaluators for Junctions and Turns source features.
- Click OK to save the evaluators.
In real-world networks, the cost to traverse an edge usually depends on the specific characteristics of the edge, such as its length, the speed limit of the street, etc. Therefore, if the cost for an edge source is set to "Same as Default," a warning will be shown to ensure that this setting is intentional.