Follow the steps below to create a new time- or distance-based cost attribute.
- Access network attributes from the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
- Click the Costs tab.
- Click the Options button in the upper right corner of the dialog box.
- Click the New button (Ctrl+N) from the menu.
A new row is added under the Cost section.
- Go to the Properties section and type the name for the new cost attribute in the Name field.
- From the Units drop-down list, choose a unit. If the cost attribute is time based, choose any one of the available time units. If the cost attribute is distance based, choose a distance-based unit. Otherwise select Unknown Units.
- If required, expand the Parameters section to add a new parameter.
- In the Evaluators section, assign an evaluator to the source features.
- Click the Travel Modes tab.
- Expand the Costs section if required.
- Click the Impedance drop-down list.
The new cost attribute created in previous steps is added to the list. On selecting the newly created cost attribute in the Impedance drop-down list, if you associated a parameter with this new attribute, it will appear under Cost Parameters.
- Click OK. The cost attribute is saved to the network dataset.