Available with Standard or Advanced license.
While working with your database in ArcGIS Pro, you can create tables, feature classes, and database views directly from the database connection. One of the simplest ways you can add new datasets is to right-click the database in the Catalog pane and click New. Next, select the type of dataset you want to create from the context menu list. This opens the geoprocessing tool corresponding to the dataset type chosen. You can then enter the input parameters and run the geoprocessing tool to create the dataset within the database.
- To create a table or view, the connected user must have the required database permissions.
- To create a feature class, the connected user must have database permissions required to create tables and the database must support and have been enabled for a SQL spatial data type.
Steps to create datasets
- Create a connection to your database.
- In the Catalog pane, right-click the database connection, point to New, and choose the specific type of dataset you want to create.
This opens the geoprocessing tool corresponding to the dataset type chosen. See the table below for the dataset types that can be created within a database.
- Fill in the tool parameters and click Run to create the dataset.