Supported database versions
Standard/Standard One/Enterprise Editions:
Oracle 11g R2 (64 bit) 126.96.36.199
Oracle 12c R1 (64 bit) 188.8.131.52
Oracle 12c R2 (64 bit) 184.108.40.206
Supported operating systems
If your database management system is installed where ArcGIS products are installed, the operating system must meet the ArcGIS product system requirements as well as the operating system requirements for your Oracle version.
If your database is not installed on the same server as an ArcGIS product, see the Oracle documentation for operating system requirements for your Oracle version.
Additional requirements for the ST_Geometry shape library
Esri supports the following four operating systems when you use the ST_Geometry shape library and configure Oracle external procedure (extproc). Minimum operating system versions are listed if the minimum version that Esri supports differs from what Oracle databases support.
- IBM AIX (64 bit) - For Oracle 220.127.116.11, the minimum supported version is IBM AIX 18.104.22.168.
- Linux (64 bit) - For Oracle 22.214.171.124, the minimum supported version is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS/ES 5 - update 11.
- Solaris (64 bit) - For Oracle 126.96.36.199, the minimum supported version is Solaris 10 SPARC.
- Windows (64 bit)
- Support for Oracle Linux is based on Oracle documentation that Oracle Linux is compatible—both source and binary—with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. See Oracle Linux FAQ http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/027617.pdf.
- Support for the Oracle Exadata Database Machine is based on Oracle guidance that OEM software that supports both Oracle Linux and Oracle RAC is compatible with Oracle Exadata.
- A new option in Oracle 12c, called Multitenant Architecture, consisting of a container database that can hold many pluggable databases, is supported at the pluggable database level. ArcGIS supports the same functionality in pluggable databases as is supported for Oracle 11g R2.
Branch versioning is supported at Oracle 188.8.131.52 and above.
The Oracle Text component must be installed. The Text component is installed by default in Oracle; however, if you did not perform a default installation, the Text component may not have been installed.
Oracle database patch support
Oracle patches on 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168 are supported. This includes Oracle patch set levels and Oracle Interim (One-Off) Patch as per Oracle Corporation's Patch Set Overview and Interim Patch documentation.
See Oracle Support for all Oracle patch set (and Interim Patch) documentation and installation instructions. Esri recommends making a full backup of your Oracle database prior to applying any Oracle patch sets or interim patch. If functionality that was working prior to applying the Oracle patch set or interim patch stops working, return to the previous version of Oracle. Contact Oracle support as needed.
Software required to connect to a DBMS
Your client machine (for example, the one running ArcMap) will need to have the appropriate client files installed for the RDBMS you are using. These client files are available from their respective RDBMS vendors, but some are also available on My Esri as a convenience. RDBMS client files available from My Esri are IBM DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server. Client files for ALTIBASE, Dameng, IBM Informix, IBM Netezza, Oracle, SAP HANA, and Teradata are not available on My Esri and must be obtained from the RDBMS vendors. See Database clients for more information.
ArcGIS clients connecting to an Oracle 22.214.171.124 database must use Oracle 126.96.36.199 or newer client.