You can rename a table or feature class in ArcGIS Pro by right-clicking it, clicking Rename, typing a new name, and pressing Enter.
The following conditions apply:
- If the table is in a database or enterprise geodatabase, you must connect as the table owner to rename it.
- DB2 does not allow tables to be renamed if the tables have a referential constraint defined on them.
- You cannot rename a table if someone else holds a lock on that table. For information on geodatabase locks, see Manage geodatabase locks. See your database management system documentation for information on database locks.
Be aware that you cannot use third-party software, such as an SQL client, to rename a geodatabase feature class because it does not update the table name in the geodatabase system tables.
- Connect to the geodatabase or database.
- Right-click the table or feature class and click Rename.
The name is highlighted.
- Type a new name.
Names must start with a letter and cannot exceed the maximum number of characters the DBMS allows for the table names.
- Press the Enter key.