Available with 3D Analyst license.
LAS files and surface constraints can be added or removed from an existing LAS dataset. Adding or removing data provides the ability to update LAS dataset surface data, which is important to make accurate and current surface information available for conducting analysis.
LAS dataset surface updates can come in different forms:
- Adding ancillary data (for example, breaklines)
- Removing or replacing bad lidar data
- Increasing extent with additional data
- Using newer or more accurate data
- Inserting design/modeled data to perform what-if analyses
The following geoprocessing tools are available to add or remove LAS files or surface constraints. These tools can be found on the Data tab, in the Management group.
Adds lidar LAS files and/or surface constraint features to an existing LAS dataset
Removes reference of one or more lidar LAS files and/or surface constraints from an LAS dataset