A spatial join joins the attributes of two layers based on the location of the features in the layers. Like joining two tables by matching attribute values in a field, a spatial join appends the attributes of one layer to another.
These steps are for creating a spatially joined dataset based on what intersects a feature.
- Select a feature layer in the Contents pane.
- Under Feature Layer, on the Data tab, click Spatial Join.
By default, Target Features should list the layer that you want to join data to. If it does not, click the drop-down and select the layer.
- Click the Join Features drop-down and select the features that intersect with your target layer.
- Under Match Options, choose Intersect.
- Change additional parameters as needed. See Spatial Join for more information.
- Run the tool.
A new layer is added to the map.