Once you define a relate between two tables, you can access the related records from either table participating in the relationship. A selection is required to access related information. You can optionally have your relates appear automatically with each new selection.
Relates can display in other areas from which you access attribute information, such as pop-ups.
View related data in the table view
- Open the attribute table for which you have set up the relate.
- Select the records in the table for which you want to display related records.
You can also interactively select features in the map, and that selection also appears in the table.
- Click Related Data and select the name of the relate you want to access.
The destination table displays with the related records selected. If you created a relate to a table not already part of your map, it opens and is added to the map upon viewing the relates.
View related data in pop-ups
- On the Map tab, activate the Explore tool.
- Click the target feature in the map or scene.
A pop-up window displays attributes associated with the feature.
- Click the down arrow at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Expand the tree view and select the relate.
The pop-up window displays the attributes of the related data.