Available with Data Reviewer license.
Validation is performed by automated data checks or manual review. Each process can create results. Results are logged in a session in a workspace. Sessions define a series of validation and quality control transactions performed by data checks or manual review. Validation results are accessed through the Reviewer Results pane. You can inspect each result (or anomaly) to understand why it was logged by the validation process.
Connect to a Reviewer workspace
A Reviewer workspace stores validation results in feature classes and tables. A project can contain only one connection to a Reviewer workspace. Once a connection to Reviewer results has been added in the project, another one cannot be added.
To access the results in a session, you must first connect to a Reviewer workspace.
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click the Connections drop-down arrow and click Add Reviewer Results.
- On the Select Reviewer Workspace dialog box, browse to the Reviewer workspace that contains Reviewer results.
- Click Select.
The Session Results node is added under Reviewer Results on the Catalog pane.
Create a new session for your project
Once you have established a Reviewer connection to your project, you can create a new session to execute a Reviewer batch job and store the validation results.
- In the Catalog pane, right-click Session Results and click New Session .
- In the Create Reviewer Session geoprocessing tool, type a name in the Session Name text box.
- Click the drop-down arrow to choose a session template.
By selecting a template, you will be accepting the properties inherent in that template and applied them to your current session. If you want to specify any of the following properties, do not choose a Session Template:
- Checking for duplicates
- Storing geometry
- Session's user name
- Click the Check For Duplicates drop-down arrow and choose an option.
You can choose to check for duplicate records within this session only, the entire database, or not at all.
- Check the Do Not Store Geometry check box if you don't want to store the geometry along with the Reviewer results.
- In the Session User Name, keep the current Windows user login or provide a custom name to associate with this session.
- Click Run.
You now have a Reviewer session in your project that can be used to store validation results. Optionally, you can set the session as the default by right-clicking the session name and clicking Make Default . Your default session's properties will automatically populate in the Execute Reviewer Batch Job geoprocessing tool when running batch jobs.
Add existing sessions to your project
Once you have added a Reviewer connection to your project, you can add sessions to access the results in the Reviewer Results pane.
- On the Catalog pane, double-click Reviewer Results.
- Right-click Session Results and click Add Session.
The Select Reviewer Session dialog box appears.
- Click one or more sessions on the Select Reviewer Session dialog box.
- Click Add.
The sessions are listed under the Session Results node in the Catalog pane.
Removing sessions from your project
At some point in your workflow, typically after you have corrected and verified the results of a session, you may want to remove the session from your project. Removed sessions are still available from the Reviewer workspace and can be added back to the project if you want to review those session results again.
- To remove a session, expand Reviewer Results on the Catalog pane.
- Expand Session Results .
- Right-click the session you want to remove and click Remove .
Delete a session from your project
You can delete results when they are no longer needed or as specified by your organization's data management procedures. Deleting a session permanently deletes the session and all results associated with that session from your workspace, and also removes any reference to the session.
- To delete a session, expand Reviewer Results on the Catalog pane.
- Expand Session Results .
- Right-click the session you want to delete and click Delete .
The Delete Reviewer Session geoprocessing tool opens with the Reviewer Workspace and Session parameter fields prepopulated.
- Click Run to permanently delete this session from the Reviewer workspace and remove its reference from your project.
You will not be able to delete a session if it has been set as the default session.
Once you have added one or more sessions to your project, you can view the results in those sessions by opening the Reviewer Results pane.
- On the Catalog pane, right-click Session Results and click Add Session.
- In the Select Reviewer Session dialog box, browse to your existing Reviewer sessions, select the session you want, and click Add.
The Reviewer Results pane opens and displays results in a tabular format.
- Click the row selector on the left side of the Reviewer Results pane to select a result row. Right-click the selected row and click one of the following commands:
- Zoom To Results—Zooms the map to the selected result geometry
- Pan To Results—Pans the map to the selected result geometry
Change the Reviewer Results pane view
You can change the view of the Reviewer Results pane to display different result records. There are three different types of result records: feature, sampling, and metadata. You can restrict your view of results to one type or view all the results. By default, the results are displayed using All Results. This shows information such as the feature subtype and error details such as which check has been run and who ran it. More information can be found in Configure the Reviewer Results pane.
Changing your view also changes the fields displayed in the Reviewer Results pane.
- In the Reviewer Results pane, click the Menu button .
- Choose one of the following options:
- All Results—Displays all results, including those from the Sampling and Metadata checks
- Feature Results—Displays all check results that are features or table rows
- Sampling Results—Only displays results from the Sampling check
- Metadata Results—Only displays results from the Metadata check
The columns displayed in the Reviewer Results pane change, depending on the option you choose.