Available with Data Reviewer license.
A Reviewer Rule item is created using the Reviewer Rules view and tab. The Reviewer Rules view contains a list of rule items configured in the active map. Each rule item represents a configured Data Reviewer validation method that implements a data quality requirement.
Reviewer Rules view
The check panel found in the Reviewer Rules view displays the input parameters for the validation method configured for the rule. The parameters displayed in the check panel change according to the validation method configured in the rule. Each of these parameters has help that you can view by hovering over the information icon next to the parameter.
Reviewer Rules check panel
The Reviewer Rules tab contains tools for creating and managing Reviewer rules. The tab is automatically displayed when a Reviewer Rules view is active.
Reviewer Rules tab
New Rule gallery
Author a new Reviewer rule
To create a new Reviewer Rule item, follow these steps.
- In the Catalog pane, open the map that contains layers that require automated validation.
- On the View tab, click Reviewer Rules to activate the Reviewer Rules view and tab.
- On the Reviewer Rules tab, expand the New Rule gallery and click the validation method required for implementation of the rule.
A Reviewer rule's validation method cannot be changed once it has been created. For more information, see ArcGIS Data Reviewer checks in ArcGIS Pro.
To reverse or restore added or deleted rules, on the Quick Access toolbar, click Undo and Redo .
- On the Reviewer Rules view, configure the check's required parameters, indicated by a red asterisk next to the parameter name. When all required parameters have valid values, the rule is ready for use.
Rules highlighted in red are invalid and will not be stored when the project is saved. Help on rule errors is viewable by hovering over the row header.
- Optionally, configure the check's Result Details and Tags parameters to facilitate data quality reporting and corrective workflows.
Duplicate rules—rules that have the same configuration settings as another rule—are highlighted in orange. Help for duplicates rules can be viewed by hovering over the rule's row header.
To test your rule configuration, activate the map and execute the Run Reviewer Rules command found on the Manage Quality tab. For more information, see Run Reviewer rules on features.
- On the Quick Access toolbar, click Save to save your new rules in the project.
- Close the Reviewer Rules view to exit rule design or create another Reviewer rule from the New Rule gallery.