Available with Data Reviewer license.
The sharing of a Reviewer rule follows similar workflows as those of sharing projects, maps and layers. Existing Reviewer rules can be propagated to other projects by importing map packages (.mpk) or map files (.mpx). Rules stored in layer files (.lyrx) can also be added to maps either within the same or different projects.
Add layers with rules to other maps
Follow these steps to add layers to a map:
- Click the Add Data button on the Map tab.
- Locate the layer with configured rules.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
The layer is added to the map.
- Open the Reviewer Rules view to see the new rules added to the list of available rules in the map.
Remove layers with rules from a map
Removing a layer does not remove a preconfigured rule from a map. For a rule that applies to multiple layers, the rule remains active for the layers still present in the map; however, a rule that only applies to the layer that is removed becomes invalid but is still present in the map.
Share rules between projects
Rules can be shared between projects by importing map packages (.mpk) or map files (.mpx) that contain rules.
Follow these steps to import maps and their associated rules into other projects:
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click Import Map.
- Browse to the directory where the map package or map file is located.
- Choose the file and click OK to import.
- Open the Reviewer Rules view to see the rules that have been imported to the project.
Existing rules can be deleted using the Delete option in the Reviewer Rules view. You can choose multiple rules to delete at the same time.
Follow these steps to learn how to delete multiple rules from a map:
- Activate the map that contains rules that require removal.
- Click the Reviewer Rules button to the View tab to display all rules in the map.
- Select rule items to delete from the Reviewer Rules view.
- Click Delete on the Reviewer Rules tab to remove the selected rules.