In the Modify Features pane, Annotation includes commands on the context menu for adding and deleting a leader line for an existing annotation feature.
Adding a leader attaches a two-point line to the selected annotation. Dragging the text or the highlighted vertex draws the line.
Add a leader
To add a leader line to an existing annotation feature, select the feature using Select Annotation , right-click, and click Add Leader .
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Modify.
The Modify Features pane appears.
- Expand Alignment and click Annotation .
The tool opens in the pane.
- In the pane, click Select Annotation and select the annotation feature.
The selected features appear in a list and a selection graphic appears around the feature. By default, the formatting toolbar appears at the bottom of the map.
When you hover over an edge of the toolbar, the pointer changes to the move pointer and you can drag the toolbar to a new location.
- If you select more than one feature, click an item in the list to flash it in the map, right-click the feature you want to edit, and click Only Select This on the context menu.
- Right-click the text and click Add Leader .
The endpoint vertex appears highlighted on the selection graphic at the bottom control handle.
- To draw the line, do one of the following:
- Hover over the highlighted vertex until the pointer changes to the Move Vertex pointer and drag the vertex.
- Hover over the text until the pointer changes to the Move pointer and drag the text.
- On the editing toolbar, click Finish or press the F2 key.
Delete a leader
To delete a leader line from an existing annotation feature, select the feature using Select Annotation , right-click the text and click Delete Leader .