On the editing toolbar, Configure tool feedback options displays a graphical overlay on the active map that customizes the editing toolbar. The tools that appear on the toolbar are contextual and depend on the tool and the feature type you are editing.
By default, the editing toolbar appears at the bottom of the active map when you create a new polyline or polygon feature, or modify them using specific tools.
For steps to change these settings on the Options dialog box, see Settings for general editing tools.
Configure toolbar options
To customize the editing toolbar, click Configure tool feedback options , hover over a toolbar option until your preferred orientation and size appears enabled, and click it. To cancel and close the overlay, click anywhere on the map or scene.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Create Features pane, click a polyline or polygon feature template.
- On the Modify Features pane, click Vertices and select a polyline or polygon feature.
The editing toolbar appears on the active map or scene.
- Click Configure tool feedback options .
- To cancel and close the overlay, click anywhere on the map.
The configuration overlay appears on the active map.
- Hover over a toolbar option until your preferred orientation and size appears enabled, and click it.
Your settings are saved and the overlay closes.