In the Manage Templates pane, Group Template is available when an existing feature template is highlighted in the pane. It opens Template Properties and requires a name be specified on the General page. You can create more than one group template for the same layers and configure them with different builders and different attribute values.
Group templates create features from multiple data sources on several layers based on new features or temporary construction lines you create in the map using the pointer. The template designated as the (Primary) template and the tool palette you choose, determine what you create in the map.
This topic shows you how to create and name a group template. Feature templates added as component templates use builders to autogenerate features based on the geometry of the primary features. For steps to configure the tool palette or add component templates and builders, see Configure a group template.
To create a new group feature template, open Manage Templates, click an existing feature template, click the New arrow , and click Group Template .
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click the Manage Templates dialog box launcher .
- In the Manage Templates pane, expand the map .
Feature templates defined for the map appear on the templates page.
- Click the template you to want to assign as the primary template.
You can change it later on the Builders page, but you are limited to templates defined for the same layer.
- On the toolbar, click the New arrow and click Group Template .
The Template Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General page, type a name for the new template.
- Adding a description is optional. A description can help you search for and find the template.
- Adding a tag is optional. Tags are keywords that can help you organize and search for the template.
- To add a tag, type the keyword and press Enter.
- To delete a tag, click X.
- Click OK.
The template is saved and the dialog box closes.