In the Manage Templates pane, New Preset Template from selected features creates a preset template from the selected features in the current map. The component templates are automatically generated, and a snapshot of the selection is stored with the template. One or more preset templates can be configured to create features on the same layers.
Preset templates use point construction tools to create features from multiple data sources on their respective layers. The snapshot that appears near the pointer provides a preview of the features as you hover on the map.
For steps to configure the tool palette, see Configure a preset template.
New preset template
To create a preset template, open the Manage Templates pane, select the features in the map, click New , and click Preset Template from selected features .
- Open the Manage Templates pane using one of the following methods:
- On the Edit tab, in the Features group, click the Manage Templates dialog box launcher .
- In the Create Features pane, click Manage Templates .
The Manage Template pane appears.
- In the pane, expand the map icon for the current map and click any template. This enables the tool on the toolbar.
- If no templates exist, click the New arrow , click Template , and create and configure a template.
- On the Edit tab, in the Selection group, click Select and select the features you want to add to the template.
- In the pane, on the toolbar, click the New drop-down arrow and click Preset Template from selected features .
The Template Properties dialog box appears.
- Click General.
- In the Name text box, type a name.
The OK button is enabled.
- In the Description text box, you can document the template with an optional description that you and your organization can search and find in the pane.
- In the Tags text box, keywords for Preset and Group are automatically generated. They appear as filters on the Filter drop-down menu . You can delete them or add additional tags.
- To add a tag, type the keyword and press Enter.
- To delete a tag, click X.
- Click OK.
The template is saved and the dialog box closes.