In the Create Features pane, feature templates for polyline and polygon layers include Right Angle Line . This tool creates single-part and multipart polyline and polygon features with segments at right-angles to the previous segment.
When you create z-enabled 3D polyline and polygon features, they are assigned the current z-coordinate elevation setting. For steps to specify z-values, see Specify an elevation for 3D features.
To create features with right angles, click Right Angle Line , and create the segments. To close the shape and autocomplete the last two segments at right angles, right-click the location where the last corner is to be created, and click Square and Finish .
- In the Catalog pane, do one of the following to add the layer to your map:
- Expand Databases , expand the database containing your data, and drag the feature class onto the map.
- To create a new data source, right-click the default database, click New, click Feature Class , type the feature class name, choose the geometry type, select the coordinate system, and click Run .
The layer is added to the current map, and a feature template with default settings is automatically created.
- On the Edit tab, in the Features group, click Create .
The Create Features pane appears.
- In the pane, click a polyline or polygon feature template.
The template expands to show the tool palette.
- Next to the tool palette, click the forward arrow .
The tool palette and the feature attribute table for the active template appear in the pane.
- In the attribute table, type the values you want to apply to the new feature.
- If you are using a group template, in the Templates section, click a template to display its attribute table.
- On the Edit tab, in the Snapping group, click Snapping , enable your snapping preferences, and move the pointer back to the map.
- Click Right Angle Line .
- Create the segments using one or more of the following methods:
- Click the map.
- Right-click and use the context menu to specify x,y,z coordinate locations, distance, and direction.
Do not create the last two segments if you intend to use Square and Finish to close the shape and autocomplete the last two segments at right angles.
- To finish the feature, use one of the following methods:
- Click Finish or press the F2 key.
- To close the shape and autocomplete the last two segments at right angles, right-click the location where the last corner is to be created and click Square and Finish .