In the Create Features pane, feature templates for polyline and polygon layers include Right Angle Line . This tool creates single-part and multipart polyline and polygon features with segments at right-angles to the previous segment.
When you create z-enabled 3D polyline and polygon features, they are assigned the current z-coordinate elevation setting. For steps to specify z-values, see Specify an elevation for 3D features.
To create features with right angles, click Right Angle Line , and create the segments. To close the shape and autocomplete the last two segments at right angles, right-click the location where the last corner is to be created, and click Square and Finish .
- In the Catalog pane, do one of the following to add the layer to your map:
- Expand Databases , expand the database containing your data, and drag the feature class onto the map.
- To create a new data source, right-click the default database, click New, click Feature Class , type the feature class name, choose the geometry type, select the coordinate system, and click Run .
The layer is added to the current map, and a feature template with default settings is automatically created.
- On the Edit tab, in the Features group, click Create .
The Create Features pane appears.
- In the pane, click a polyline or polygon feature template.
The template expands to show the tool palette.
- Next to the tool palette, click the forward arrow .
The tool palette and the feature attribute table for the active template appear in the pane.
- In the attribute table, type the values you want to apply to the new feature.
- If you are using a group template, in the Templates section, click a template to display its attribute table.
- On the Edit tab, in the Snapping group, click Snapping , enable your snapping preferences, and move the pointer back to the map.
- Click Right Angle Line .
- Create the segments using one or more of the following methods:
- Click the map.
- Right-click and use the context menu to specify x,y,z coordinate locations, distance, and direction.
- To finish the feature, use one of the following methods:
- Click Finish or press the F2 key.
- To close the shape and autocomplete the last two segments at right angles, right-click the location where the last corner is to be created and click Square and Finish .