On the Edit tab, in the Selection group, the Delete command deletes selected features. You can also right-click the map and use the context menu. To delete component parts of multipart and multipoint features, use Vertices .
Delete a feature
To delete a feature, on the Edit tab, in the Selection group, click Select , select the feature, and click Delete .
- On the Edit tab in the Selection group, click Select and select the features.
The selection highlights in the map.
- On the Edit tab in the Selection group, click Delete or press the Delete key.
The selected features are deleted from the map.
Delete parts of a multipart or multipoint feature
To delete parts of a multipart or multipoint feature, click Vertices , select the feature using Active Select , right-click the part header or the point row, and click Delete.
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Modify .
The Modify Features pane opens and displays a list of tools.
- Expand the Reshape category and click Vertices .
The tool opens in the pane.
- Click Active Select and select the multipart or multipoint feature.
The x,y,z coordinates and m-values display in the Modify Features pane. Z- and m-values are defined when the feature class is initially created.
- When you select more than one feature, the message Select one feature displays in the pane. To prune the selection, right-click a feature in the list and click the following:
- Flash flashes the feature in the map.
- Only Select This removes all other features from the selection.
- Unselect removes the feature from the selection.
- In the Modify Features pane, delete the component part or point feature, using one of the following methods:
- Right-click the header for a component part and click Delete.
- Right-click the row for a point in a multipoint feature and click Delete.
- When you finish editing the feature, right-click and click Finish or press the F2 key.