On the Edit tab, in the Selection group, Attributes opens the Attributes pane. When you select a feature, the Attributes and Geometry tabs appear in the pane. You can identify the feature, edit attributes and related records, and edit the coordinate values that define its geometry.
To learn about using the Attributes Table to edit attributes for all features on a layer, see Edit an active table.
Edit attributes and related records
To edit attributes for a feature and related records, open the Attributes pane and select the feature. Expand the selection in the pane, click the feature or a related table, click the Attributes tab, and edit the field values.
- On the Edit tab, in the Selection group, click Attributes .
The Attributes pane appears.
- In the pane, click Select and select the feature containing the attributes you want to edit.
The selection and the Attributes and Geometry tabs appear in the pane.
- In the pane, expand the selection and click the feature or related table.
- If a warning icon appears next to the feature or table, right-click and click Add To Map to add it to your map.
- To edit a field that is common to several features in the selection, press the Ctrl key while clicking several features.
- In the pane, click the Attributes tab.
The color of the row indicates how the field is being used in the map.
Attribute field color codes
Field color Description
Symbolizes the layer
The Highlight property is enabled in the attribute table
- In the feature attribute table, click a field and type the new value or click its drop-down arrow and change the setting.
- To apply your changes, do one of the following:
- Press Enter.
- If Auto Apply is unchecked, click Apply.
The new value is applied to the selected feature or related record.