On the Edit tab, in the Selection group, Attributes opens a pane that you can use to identify selected features in a map, and edit their attributes. It includes an Attributes tab containing a feature attribute table, and a Geometry tab that enables you to edit the coordinate values for vertices and point features.
Selected features appear in the pane, organized by layer, listed by their display expression. A warning icon appears next to a feature or a table when the data source is not contained in the map. To resolve this error, you can right-click the item and add it using the context menu.
This topic shows you how to select individual features in a map and edit their attributes and related records. To learn about editing attributes for all features on a layer using the Attributes Table , see Edit an active table.
To edit attribute values and related records, open the Attributes pane , select the features in the map, expand the selection list in the pane and click a feature or a related table, click the Attributes tab, and edit the field values in the feature attribute table.
- On the Edit tab in the Selection group, click Attributes .
The Attributes pane appears.
- On the Edit tab in the Selection group, click Select and choose a selection tool.
- Select the feature in the map containing the attribute you want to edit.
The selection appears in the pane.
- Expand the selection and click the feature or related table.
- To edit a field that is common to several features in the selection, press and hold the Ctrl key and click several features.
- If a warning icon appears next to the feature or table, right-click and click Add To Map to add it to your map.
- Click the Attributes tab.
The feature attribute table appears in the pane.
- In the feature attribute table, click the field, type the new value, and press Enter.
- If Auto Apply is unchecked, click Apply.
The new value is applied to the selected feature or related record.