In the Modify Features pane, Reshape can replace topology segments with new line geometry when you enable a topology and click the Edges tab in the tool pane. This tool is comparable to Reshape Edge in ArcGIS Desktop.
The workflow is similar to reshaping feature geometry. Features that are topologically connected are automatically edited to match your changes and remain contiguous when you finish the edit. If you attempt to finish edits that break the topology graph, the message Edit operation failed appears, and your changes are canceled.
To reshape topology edges, enable a topology, and click Reshape . In the tool pane, click Edges, select the feature, and draw the new geometry over the existing edges with tools on the construction toolbar, crossing the existing edges in at least two places.
- On the Edit tab, in the Manage Edits group, click the topology arrow and enable a topology.
- On the Edit tab, in the Features group, click Modify .
- In the Modify Features pane, expand Reshape and click Reshape .
The tool opens in the pane.
- In the tool pane, click the Edges tab.
The map topology graph highlights on the map.
- In the tool pane, click Select , and click the topology edge you want to reshape.
The construction toolbar appears.
- Using tools on the construction toolbar, create the new edge over the existing edge so that it crosses or touches the edge in at least two places.
- To finish the feature, right-click and click Finish , or press the F2 key.
Topologically connected features are automatically edited to match your changes and remain contiguous.