In the Modify Features pane, Reshape can reshape feature segments as topological edges when you enable Map Topology and click the Edges tab in the tool pane. Features that are topologically connected are automatically edited to match your changes and remain contiguous when you finish the edit. The workflow is like reshaping a feature.
If you attempt to finish edits that break the topology graph, the message Edit operation failed appears, and your changes are canceled. This tool is comparable to Modify Edge in ArcGIS Desktop.
To reshape a topological edges, enable Map Topology , click Vertices , click the Edges tab in the tool pane. Select the feature, and draw the new geometry over the existing edges with tools on the construction toolbar, crossing the existing edges in at least two places.
- On the Edit tab, in the Manage Edits group, enable Map Topology .
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Modify .
The Modify Features pane appears.
- In the pane, expand Reshape and click Reshape .
The tool opens in the pane.
- In the tool pane, click the Edges tab.
The map topology graph highlights on the map.
- In the tool pane, click Select , and click the topology edge you want to reshape.
The construction toolbar appears.
- Using tools on the construction toolbar, create the new edge over the existing edge so that it crosses or touches the edge in at least two places.
- To finish the feature, right-click and click Finish , or press the F2 key.
Topologically connected features are automatically edited to match your changes and remain contiguous.