In the Modify Features pane, Split Line divides a polyline feature into two features where you click it. The angular pitch for z-enabled polyline segments is preserved, and new vertices are assigned interpolated z-values.
Attribute values are copied from the parent feature to the new segments. Attribute values constrained by attribute domains are determined by the domain Split Policy defined by the source geodatabase.
To divide a polyline feature into two features, click Split Line , select the feature, and click the feature at the location where you want the split to occur.
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Modify .
The Modify Features pane appears.
- Expand Divide and click Split Line .
- To split editable features without selecting them, check Allow splitting without a selection in the pane and proceed to step 6.
- In the pane, click Active Select , and select the feature you want to split.
The selection appears as a list in the pane.
- If you select more than one feature, click an item in the list to flash it in the map, right-click the feature you want to edit, and click Only Select This on the context menu.
- On the Edit tab in the Snapping group, enable your snapping preferences.
- Press and hold the Spacebar to temporarily turn snapping off.
- Click the polyline at the location where you want the split to occur.
The polyline feature splits into two features.