Formatting a numeric label makes it easier to interpret the values of classified symbology in the Contents pane. Setting a numeric field to be a percentage, direction, or currency value gives context to the number and makes its value easy to understand and read. Examples of formatting numeric labels are setting the number of decimal places or the orientation of the number from right to left instead left to right.
- Select a feature layer in the Contents pane.
- On the Appearance tab, in the Drawing group, click the Symbology button.
- In the Symbology pane, click and click Advanced.
- Expand Format labels.
- Click the Category drop-down arrow and choose the number format.
- Specify the properties for numbers in your legend display.
- The number format is applied to the feature symbols in the table of contents.