Available with Defense Mapping license.
The Meter Reference Guide element provides a set of instructions and examples that enable you to compose standard grid references. It also contains diagrams for identifying the grid zone and grid square designations in the map sheet. The meter reference guide properties are designed to update based on the associated data frame's coordinate system.
When a grid mask feature class (MSK_<grid_name>) is in the layout view, the Meter Reference Guide element prevents the display of 100,000 M. Square Identification coordinates beyond the area that the mask surrounds. When the map extent appears coincident with an MGRS 100,000 M. square boundary, the Meter Reference Guide element displays the 100,000 M. Square Identification coordinates on both sides of the boundary.
- Verify that the map is in layout view.
For more information, see Add a layout to your project .
- On the ribbon, click the Insert tab.
- In the Map Surrounds group, click Map Surround.
- Select one of the following Meter Reference Guides:
- TM Meter Reference Guide
- ICM Meter Reference Guide
- JOG Meter Reference Guide
The Meter Reference Guide is added to the layout and is selected.
- In the Meter Reference Guide pane, the following properties can be set:
- Name—The name of the Meter Reference Guide element.
- Visible—Determines if the Meter Reference Guide is visible. The default is visible.
- Locked—Locks the element so that changes cannot not be made. The default is unlocked
- Map Frame—Specifies the map frame the element is associated with and where it gets the grid information.
- Type—Changes between the available Meter Reference Guides.
- Color—Changes the color of the element.
Additional Meter Reference Guide settings are under Format on the Meter Reference Guide tab.
- Reposition the Meter Reference Guide as necessary.