You can manage project favorites in the Catalog pane or the catalog view. Any changes made to project favorites are saved instantly when the change is made. The project favorites collection is saved independently of changes made to the project itself.
When working with the project favorites collection, you can perform the following operations:
- Reorder your favorite items by dragging them to the desired location in the list. For example, you can group your favorite items by type, by location, by theme, or in any manner you prefer.
- Designate a favorite item to be added to any new project you create by right-clicking the item and clicking Add To New Projects. The favorite item will have a pin appear on its icon; the next time you right-click the item, the Add To New Projects option in the context menu will be checked.
- Rename favorite items in the same manner as they can be renamed in a project. Renaming a folder provides an alias for that folder. Renaming databases and servers will rename the database, database connection file, or server connection file on disk. If the favorite item is in use in the current project, the change will be reflected there immediately.
- Change a database or database connection's properties by right-clicking the item and clicking the appropriate option in its context menu. For example, change the username and password information for an enterprise geodatabase connection. The change is immediately reflected in the current project if the item is included.
- Stop adding a favorite item to be added to any new project you create by right-clicking the item and unchecking Add To New Projects. Any new projects created will not include this item. The item is not removed from the project favorites collection or from any projects to which it was previously added.
- Remove a favorite item from the project favorites collection by right-clicking the item and clicking Remove. Removing an item from the project favorites collection has no impact on the current project, any existing project, or on the item itself.
- If an item was moved or renamed outside of ArcGIS Pro, the project favorites collection may not be able to locate the item and its connection will be broken. Remove the broken connection, and favorite the item again in its current state.
- While the project favorites collection should be updated automatically as you work with many instances of ArcGIS Pro, if the list does not appear to be up to date, press F5 to refresh the collection.