From ArcGIS Pro, you can share a custom style as a web style to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise to use in the web scene viewer symbol gallery. When sharing a style, only valid symbols are included in the web style. All other style items are disregarded.
A symbol is considered valid if all of the following conditions are true:
- The symbol is a point symbol that only contains 3D model marker symbol layers.
- The size of the symbol is less than 100 MB.
- The style item key of the symbol does not contain any special characters ( / \ : * ? < > | ).
If you will be using symbols from the web style in publicly accessible web scenes, share the web style with Everyone.
To see your web style in the scene viewer symbol gallery, it must be shared with the organization's style group. To configure your organization to display custom web styles in the scene viewer symbol gallery, see Configure map.
Share a web style
Any custom style can be shared as a web style; however, if the style contains no valid symbols, sharing will fail.
- To share a web style, do one of the following:
- On the Share tab, in the Share As group, click the Share web style arrow, and click the desired style.
- In the Catalog pane or a Catalog view, right-click a custom style and click Share as web style .
The Share As Web Style pane appears.
- Provide a name for the web style. By default, the web style is saved to My Content. You can save the web style to a folder in My Content by typing the folder name or clicking the browse button to browse to an existing folder.Separate the name of the new or existing folder and the web style name with a backslash, for example, Folder\WebStyleName.
- Complete the Summary and Tags fields.
- Select from the following sharing options:
- My Content—This option only references content in your personal workspace named My Content. Your content is inaccessible to other users.
- My Organization—This option allows your content to be shared with all authenticated users in the organization.
- Everyone—This option makes your content public. Anyone can access and see it.
- Groups—You can share your content with groups you belong to and their members.
- Click Share.
Considerations when sharing to older portals
Web styles cannot be shared to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1 and earlier.