ArcGIS Pro 3.2 API Reference Guide
ArcGIS.Core.Data.UtilityNetwork Namespace / Subnetwork Class / Update Method / Update(TraceConfiguration) Method
The argument to override the default trace configuration stored on the Tier.
Example

In This Topic
    Update(TraceConfiguration) Method
    In This Topic
    Updates the subnetwork. This method must be called on the MCT. Use QueuedTask.Run.
    Syntax
    public void Update( 
       TraceConfiguration traceConfiguration
    )
    Public Overloads Sub Update( _
       ByVal traceConfiguration As TraceConfiguration _
    ) 

Parameters

traceConfiguration
    The argument to override the default trace configuration stored on the Tier.
    Exceptions
    ExceptionDescription
    traceConfiguration is null.

This subnetwork no longer exists (e.g., it has been purged from the database).

-or-

This operation cannot be invoked inside ArcGIS.Core.Data.Geodatabase.ApplyEdits or when editing is in progress.

A geodatabase-related exception has occurred.
    This method or property must be called within the lambda passed to QueuedTask.Run
    Remarks
    • This routine generates its own editing transaction, and therefore cannot be wrapped in a separate transaction. Because the editing performed by this routine cannot be undone, this routine can also not be called within an editing session. All edits in the current edit session must be saved or discarded before calling this routine.
    • If the preexisting subnetwork state is Dirty or Clean, the new state will be Clean if successful.
    • If the preexisting subnetwork state is DirtyAndDeleted or CleanAndDeleted, the new state will be CleanAndDeleted if successful.
    • When running in a Pro add-in, ArcGIS.Desktop.Mapping.MapView.Redraw should be called with a true argument to refresh the display cache and redraw the map.
    Example
    Life cycle for a simple radial subnetwork with one controller
    // Create a subnetwork named "Radial1" with a single controller
    // elementR1 represents the device that serves as the subnetwork controller (e.g., circuit breaker)
    Subnetwork subnetworkRadial1 = subnetworkManager.EnableControllerInEditOperation(mediumVoltageTier, elementR1, "Radial1", "R1", "my description", "my notes");

// ...

// Update the subnetwork and refresh the map
    subnetworkRadial1.Update();
    MapView.Active.Redraw(true);

// ...

// At some point, a subnetwork will need to be deleted.

// First step is to disable the controller
    subnetworkManager.DisableControllerInEditOperation(elementR1);

// At this point, the subnetwork is deleted, but all of the rows that have been labeled with the subnetwork ID need to be updated
    subnetworkRadial1.Update();

// The final step is to notify external systems (if any) using the Export Subnetwork geoprocessing tool

Life cycle for a mesh subnetwork with multiple controllers
    // Create a subnetwork named "Mesh1" from three controllers
    // elementM1, elementM2, and elementM3 represent the devices that serve as subnetwork controllers (e.g., network protectors)
    subnetworkManager.EnableController(lowVoltageMeshTier, elementM1, "Mesh1", "M1", "my description", "my notes");
    subnetworkManager.EnableController(lowVoltageMeshTier, elementM2, "Mesh1", "M2", "my description", "my notes");
    Subnetwork subnetworkMesh1 = subnetworkManager.EnableController(lowVoltageMeshTier, elementM3, "Mesh1", "M3", "my description", "my notes");
    subnetworkMesh1.Update();

// ...

// When deleting the subnetwork, each controller must be disabled before the subnetwork itself is deleted
    subnetworkManager.DisableControllerInEditOperation(elementM1);
    subnetworkManager.DisableControllerInEditOperation(elementM2);
    subnetworkManager.DisableControllerInEditOperation(elementM3);

// After the subnetwork is deleted, all of the rows that have been labeled with the subnetwork ID need to be updated
    subnetworkMesh1.Update();

// The final step is to notify external systems (if any) using the Export Subnetwork geoprocessing tool
    Life cycle for a multifeed radial subnetwork with two controllers
    // Create a subnetwork named "R2, R3" from two controllers
    // elementR2 and elementR3 represent the devices that serve as subnetwork controllers (e.g., circuit breakers)
    subnetworkManager.EnableControllerInEditOperation(mediumVoltageTier, elementR2, "R2, R3", "R2", "my description", "my notes");
    subnetworkManager.EnableControllerInEditOperation(mediumVoltageTier, elementR3, "R2, R3", "R3", "my description", "my notes");

// If the tie switch between them is opened, the original subnetwork controllers must be disabled and re-enabled with different names
    // This will create two new subnetworks, named "R2" and "R3"
    subnetworkManager.DisableControllerInEditOperation(elementR2);
    subnetworkManager.DisableControllerInEditOperation(elementR3);

Subnetwork subnetworkR2 = subnetworkManager.EnableControllerInEditOperation(mediumVoltageTier, elementR2, "R2", "R2", "my description", "my notes");
    Subnetwork subnetworkR3 = subnetworkManager.EnableControllerInEditOperation(mediumVoltageTier, elementR3, "R3", "R3", "my description", "my notes");

subnetworkR2.Update();
    subnetworkR3.Update();

Requirements

Target Platforms: Windows 11, Windows 10

ArcGIS Pro version: 3 or higher.
    See Also