Tools that honor the Data Source environment setting honor how data is summarized from one layer to another. Used only by Business Analyst tools.
- This setting is used to select the Business Analyst operational dataset.
- The selected dataset can be installed locally or accessed from ArcGIS Enterprise when signed in.
- Through ArcGIS Enterprise, a country can be selected to activate the corresponding dataset for analysis.
- Local changes override the global dataset until completion of a single geoprocessing tool session or cancellation.
- The use of installed Business Analyst US or Canada datasets require a data license.
Browse to the location of your source data, either Local or Online. Summarized data can reside locally by installing a dataset or set to your organization through ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online.
This is the location of your source data, either local or online. Summarized data can reside locally by installing a dataset or set to your organization through ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online. Online data consumes credits. The default value is online.
import arcpy # Access data locally. arcpy.env.baDataSource = "LOCAL;;USA_ESRI_2017"
import arcpy # Access data from online. arcpy.env.baDataSource = "ONLINE;US;"