Mit der Data Reviewer-Lizenz verfügbar.
Reviewer rules enable you to evaluate the quality of feature layers in a map. These rules are created using the Reviewer Rules view and tab. The view contains a list of rule items configured in the active map. Each rule item represents a configured Data Reviewer check that implements a data quality requirement.
Reviewer Rules view
The rule's details pane, in the Reviewer Rules view, displays input parameters for the validation method configured for the rule. The parameters displayed in the rule's details pane change according to the check configured in the rule. Each of these parameters has pop-up help that you can view by hovering over the information icon next to the parameter.
Reviewer Rules check panel
The Reviewer Rules tab contains tools for creating and managing validation rules. The tab is automatically displayed when the Reviewer Rules view is active.
Reviewer Rules tab
New Rule gallery, which contains Reviewer checks
Author a validation rule
Complete the following steps to create a validation rule:
- In the Catalog pane, open the map with layers that require automated validation.
- On the View tab, click Reviewer Rules.
The Reviewer Rules view and tab appear.
- On the Reviewer Rules tab, expand the New Rule gallery and click the check required to implement the rule.
To reverse or restore added or deleted rules, on the Quick Access toolbar, click Undo and Redo .
- On the Reviewer Rules view, configure the rule's required parameters, indicated by a red asterisk next to the parameter name. When all required parameters contain valid values, the rule is ready for use.
Rules highlighted in red are invalid and will not be stored when the project is saved. Help for rule errors can be viewed by hovering over the rule's row header.
- Optionally configure the rule's Result Details and Tags parameters to facilitate data quality reporting and corrective workflows.
Duplicate rules—rules that have the same configuration settings as another rule—are highlighted in orange. Help for duplicates rules can be viewed by hovering over the rule's row header.
To test your rule configuration, activate the map and execute the Run Reviewer Rules command on the Manage Quality tab. For more information, see Run Reviewer rules on features.
- On the Quick Access toolbar, click the Save button to save your new rules in the project.
Changes to rules are not persisted until the project is saved.
- Close the Reviewer Rules view to exit rule design or create another Reviewer rule from the New Rule gallery.
Removing a layer from the map does not remove a saved rule. For rules that apply to multiple layers, the rule remains active for the layers still present in the map; however, a rule that only applies to a removed layer will become invalid. Invalid rules remain in the map until the project is saved.