Mit der Location Referencing-Lizenz verfügbar.
ArcGIS Roads and Highways is a linear referencing system (LRS) solution for departments of transportation that extends the ArcGIS platform. The capabilities the Roads and Highways LRS platform supports include the following.
LRS Network management
Visualize and maintain your roadway LRS networks and associated event data. Edit and maintain LRS networks. Provide rule-based location management, which allows you to define how event measures and route associations should react to changes in the LRS, keeping your event data aligned with roadway LRS Network changes.
Event location management
Roads and Highways supports updating event measures and route associations based on changes to the LRS Network. For events modeled in the geodatabase and registered with Roads and Highways, event measures and route associations can be updated directly.
Roads and Highways supports the following measure behavior rules:
- Stay Put—The x,y location of the event is preserved, but the m-values may change.
- Move—The m values are preserved, but the x,y location is subject to change.
- Retire—Both the m and x,y values are preserved, but the event record will not display unless the event layer is rolled back to a state before the event's retire date.
- Snap—The location along the route is preserved, but in retired portions of a route, the event may change ownership to a concurrent route in that location; m and x,y values and route references are subject to change.
Support for multiple linear referencing methods
Roads and Highways is a multi-LRM LRS. The network model supports mashing up event data from different linear referencing methods. It also supports translating event data from one linear referencing method to another.
Platform for reporting
Roads and Highways spatially enables event data from non-GIS systems and integrates it through the LRS. Roads and Highways, in concert with the ArcGIS platform, can be used to generate a variety of reports as well as produce data products and maps that support safety analysis, traffic congestion analysis, infrastructure maintenance planning, and so on. These reports and data products can provide government and public entities transparency into many facets of highway-based data, such as highway assets, incidents, and roadway characteristics.
LRS web services
Roads and Highways extends the ArcGIS Server map service to provide linear referencing capability to your data as REST services. These capabilities include the following:
- Event editing
- Translating coordinates to measures
- Translating measures to coordinates
- Translating between measures systems
- Dynamically segmenting event layers
- Detecting gaps, overlaps, and invalid measures on events
For more information about services and developing for services, see the following:
Roads and Highways provides quality control checks for LRS networks and event data. In addition, Roads and Highways includes ArcGIS Data Reviewer Desktop, a feature set that extends the ArcGIS platform for checking data and managing data errors.
Roads and Highways includes ArcGIS Workflow Manager (Classic), which can be used to orchestrate data management in the GIS and across business units to develop a standard, repeatable process for LRS data management within your organization.