The raster functions that are executed locally and in a portal are saved with your project history. In the raster function History pane, you can filter, sort, and search through all raster functions that were executed in the project. You can view detailed information about each function that was executed and reopen the function with the same settings used. You can also save any raster function or function chain that was executed by viewing the function properties and clicking Save As.
Access raster function history
There are multiple ways to access history for raster functions.
- On the Analysis tab on the main ribbon, click the History button , which opens the History pane.
- On the Imagery tab, click the History menu option under the drop-down arrow for Raster Functions .
- On the Options menu for the Raster Functions pane.
- In the Notifications pane, which can be accessed by clicking the Notification Status button , located in the upper right corner of the application, there is a Show Raster Functions history option for each raster function in the pane.
- When running a raster function in the portal, click the pop-up notification that appears when a raster analytics job starts running or completes.
Use raster function history
All function history is stored in the project. If a new project is opened, the history from previous projects is not present. By default, the raster function History pane displays history items in descending chronological order based on start time.
The default sorting order of executed functions can be changed using the Sortbutton . Using the Sort drop-down arrow, history items can be sorted in descending or ascending order by Status, Name, or Start Time.
History items can be filtered using the Filter drop-down arrow. History items can be filtered by Type(Local or Portal) and Status (In progress, Completed, Failed, Canceled, Timed out). If a filter is applied, the Filter button is highlighted in light blue.
History items can only be searched for by name. Each history item has an icon next to it indicating its status. The table below shows a list of status icons.
A raster function or portal job is submitted, but processing has not commenced.
Completed local raster function.
Failed local raster function.
Running portal job.
Completed portal job.
Portal job completed with a warning.
Failed portal job.
The list of options available in the context menu of a history item varies depending on its status. You can reopen the function with all parameters filled in and add the output to a map if it completes successfully. You can view details and cancel while it is running.
Details for individual items can be accessed by hovering over them. If you want the details to remain visible after moving the pointer away from an item, you can use the Pop Out button . The details of a Raster Analytics job vary depending on reporting settings on the server.
You can remove history items using the Remove button . Multiple jobs can be removed at once in the following ways:
- Select multiple items while pressing the Shift key and clicking the Remove button.
- Apply a filter and select the Remove button. This option does not require that you select individual items. It automatically removes all items visible after applying the filter.