You can use the Add Diagram Feature Capability rule to add a specific capability to some network features or network objects represented in the diagram so they are processed in a certain way by other diagram rules executed later during the diagram building process.
Add Diagram Feature Capability rule process
Two capabilities are provided with the Add Diagram Feature Capability rule: Prevent to collapse container and Allow to collapse container.
This rule can be configured to assign one of these capabilities to specific diagram features during the diagram building process. Then, when a capability is enabled on diagram features in a container, any Collapse Container rule that goes into action will consider the capability and determine whether or not to collapse the parent container.
The graphics below exemplify a use case:
- Graphic A shows the sample diagram. It references five container features:
- Two switch banks—C1 and C2
- One fuse bank—C3
- One switchgear—C4
- One transformer bank—C5
These containers are all expanded and represented as diagram polygon containers around their contents.
- Graphic B highlights the switches in the sample diagram. They are contents of C1, C2, and C4 containers.
- Graphic C shows the sample diagram obtained when the template is configured to collapse all containers.
- Graphic D shows the sample diagram obtained when its template is configured with the Prevent to collapse container capability on all switches before collapsing all containers.
Between the two templates used to produce graphics C and D, there is a difference in the rule definition. A Diagram Feature Capability rule is executed before the Collapse Containers rule.
Add Diagram Feature Capability rule configuration
To configure an Add Diagram Feature Capability rule on a template, use the Add Diagram Feature Capability By Attribute Rule tool.