Upgrading the parcel fabric dataset may be necessary to keep it current with the latest released functionality. Use the Upgrade Dataset geoprocessing tool to upgrade a parcel fabric. The upgrade applies schema changes to the parcel fabric dataset, parcel feature classes, and other related geodatabase objects.
When running the Upgrade Dataset geoprocessing tool to upgrade a parcel fabric, the parcel topology must be disabled.
An upgrade of the parcel fabric dataset is typically needed when there are schema changes in the information model. The release number of the ArcGIS Pro client determines if an upgrade is needed for the parcel fabric dataset. The upgrade process will increment the Parcel Fabric Version number.
To view the current parcel fabric release number, right-click the parcel fabric in the Catalog pane and click Properties. On the Parcel Fabric Properties dialog box, expand Parcel fabric. The parcel fabric release number is displayed next to Parcel Fabric Version.
Keep in mind that not every ArcGIS Pro release requires an upgrade of the parcel fabric.
Use the table below to determine if an upgrade is required for the parcel fabric dataset.
|Minimum required ArcGIS Pro release||Parcel fabric version||Minimum ArcGIS Enterprise release|
The parcel fabric version is not backward compatible. For example, a version 2 parcel fabric is not compatible with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1. The minimum required ArcGIS Pro release, the parcel fabric version, and the minimum ArcGIS Enterprise release numbers should match the numbers in the table above.
Upgrade to parcel fabric version 2
Upgrading to parcel fabric version 2 adds the following updates to the parcel fabric information model:
- Parcel types support administration parcels. Use the Add Parcel Type geoprocessing tool to create a parcel type for administration parcels.
- A new field named ParcelCount is added to the Records feature class. The ParcelCount field stores the number of parcels associated to each record.
- The PF_COGOType domain description for code 1 has changed from From Measurements to Entered.
- The maximum number of parcels that can be built and validated is available on the Parcel Fabric Properties dialog box. To view this number, right-click the parcel fabric in the Catalog window to open the Parcel Fabric Properties dialog box. Expand the Parcel Fabric heading under the General tab.
Upgrade to parcel fabric version 3
Upgrading to parcel fabric version 3 adds the following updates to the parcel fabric information model:
- The Parcel Subtype field on the parcel type polygon feature class is no longer a required field and can be deleted.
- Three new adjustment feature classes are added to the parcel fabric. Adjustment feature classes store the results of a least-squares adjustment analysis.
- The COGO Accuracy field on the Records, Connection Lines, parcel type line, and polygon feature classes is no longer a required field and can be deleted.
If you upgraded an ArcMap parcel fabric, values in the Accuracy fields on parcel lines, polygons, and plans are transferred to the corresponding COGO Accuracy fields on an ArcGIS Pro parcel fabric.
- New fields Direction Accuracy and Distance Accuracy are added to the Connection Lines and parcel type line feature classes. These fields store a priori accuracies for line dimensions in a least squares adjustment analysis.
- A new field named Preserve is added to the parcel fabric Points feature class. This field indicates if the point can be deleted when its connected parcel is deleted.
- The alias of the Is Fixed field on the parcel fabric Points feature class is renamed to Fixed Shape.
- New fields named Adjustment Constraint, XY Uncertainty, Error Ellipse Semi Major, Error Ellipse Semi Minor, and Error Ellipse Direction are added to the parcel fabric Points feature class for least squares adjustment analysis purposes.