A subnetwork represents a topological subpart within a tier where all the connected features are defined by the same subnetwork controllers.
Subnetwork controllers can be exported from a utility network into a CSV file. The Export Subnetwork Controllers geoprocessing tool is used to accomplish this. Subnetwork controllers can be imported using the Import Subnetwork Controllers geoprocessing tool.
To export a subnetwork controller, the following requirements must be met:
- One or more subnetwork controllers are present in the utility network.
- If the Input Utility Network is from a database connection, the connection must be established as the database utility network owner.
To export a subnetwork controller, follow these steps:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and choose Export Subnetwork Controllers.
- For the Utility Network parameter, specify a utility network.
- For the Output .csv File parameter, specify a name and a location for the CSV file.Refer to the Export Subnetwork Controllers tool help for an explanation of the format of the CSV file.
- Click Run.
The specified subnetwork controllers have been exported from the utility network.