In the Modify Features pane, Align Edge reshapes a topology edge to match and be coincident with another topology edge that shares two common topology nodes. It is available when you enable map topology on the Edit tab.
To close gaps between complex boundaries, see Align features to a traced line.
Aligning a topology edge can be a quick way to close a gap between polyline or polygon boundaries without tracing or reshaping them. When multiple features are selected, you can refine the selection and choose the features to be modified.
- On the Edit tab, in the Manage Edits group, click the Map Topology drop-down arrow and enable map topology.
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Modify .
The Modify Features appears.
- In the pane, expand Align and click Align Edge .
The topology graph highlights in the map.
- Hover over the feature until the edge you want to align highlights as solid edges and click an edge.
The solid edges reshape and snap to nearby edges that share two common topology nodes.
- Click the Map Topology drop-down arrow and turn off map topology.