A report definition can be shared as a report file (.rptx). This makes it easier to share reports between projects, or share with other colleagues also using ArcGIS Pro. A report file includes the report view, any elements you added, and a reference to its layer or data source. The data is not included with the report file. If the data cannot be found in the expected location—for instance if the data source is moved or the layer does not exist in the project — then you must repair the data source from the report properties page. Use the Share tab to access the commands for saving a report.
Report files (.rptx) saved using ArcGIS Pro 2.3 cannot be imported by previous versions of ArcGIS Pro.
Create a new report file
Make sure the report view is active, then use the following steps to create a new report definition file (.rptx).
- On the Share tab, in the Export group, click the Report File button .
- Browse to the location where you want to save the file.
- Type the file name.
- Click Save to create the report definition file.
Importing a report file
To import a report definition file (.rptx) into a project, follow the steps below:
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click the New Report drop-down and click the Import button .
Alternatively right-click on the Reports folder in the Catalog pane and click the Import button .
- Browse to the location of the report definition file (.rptx) you want to add.
- Select it and click OK.
The report is added to the project and the report view opened. Any associated map is also added to the project.