You can overwrite a stand-alone table that has been shared to your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise portal. You may need to do this to reflect changes to the data, to incorporate new data, or to update the table schema. You can also edit a table directly in your portal if you are the item owner or if the table allows editing. For more information, see Edit tables in the ArcGIS Online help.
You can overwrite an existing hosted table if all of the following conditions are true:
- You are signed in to your ArcGIS organization with the account that owns the table being overwritten or as an administrator.
- The location of the table you are overwriting has not changed while the Overwrite Table pane is open.
Follow these steps to overwrite a hosted table:
- Open the ArcGIS Pro project that contains the stand-alone table you will use to overwrite the hosted table. (Alternatively, add the stand-alone table to a project.)
- In the Contents pane, right-click the table or tables, point to Sharing, and click Overwrite Table .
- On the Overwrite Table dialog box, browse to the location of the hosted table in your portal and select it. Click OK.
- Read the Overwrite Table message and click OK to continue with the operation.
If online edits were made to the hosted table or if data was appended to the hosted table, these changes will be overwritten.
The Overwrite Table pane appears. On the General tab, under Service Details, the name of the hosted table is displayed. This name can't be changed.
- Under the table name, accept the default option to Use the item description from the hosted table or choose the option to Use the item description from the standalone table.
If you use the item description from the stand-alone table, and if this table does not currently have a summary or tags, you must enter values in the Summary and Tags fields.
Under Location, the folder location of the table is preset.
- Under Share with, specify how the table will be shared:
- Everyone—This option makes your content public. Anyone can access and see it.
- My Organization—This option allows your content to be shared with all authenticated users in the organization.
- Groups—This option allows you to share your content with groups to which you belong and their members.
- Under Finish Sharing, click Analyze to check for problems.
Errors and warnings are listed on the Messages tab. Right-click a message to open its help topic or take corrective action in the software. Errors must be resolved before you can share the web layer. Resolving warnings is recommended but not required.
- After you have resolved errors and optionally resolved warnings, click Publish to share the table.
- When the table is successfully published, click the Manage the hosted table link at the bottom of the pane.
- If necessary, sign in to your portal to open the item page for the hosted table. Open the table in Map Viewer or click the Data tab on the item page to confirm that the table has been overwritten.