Tools that honor the Data Source environment honor how data is summarized from one layer to another. This is used by Business Analyst tools only.
- This setting is used to select the Business Analyst operational dataset.
- The selected dataset can be installed locally or accessed from ArcGIS Enterprise when signed in.
- Local changes override the global dataset until completion of a single geoprocessing tool session or cancellation.
- Through ArcGIS Enterprise or the REST API, a country or region can be selected to activate the corresponding dataset for analysis.
- The use of installed Business Analyst US or Canada datasets requires a data license.
Browse to the location of your source data, either Local or Online. Summarized data can reside locally by installing a dataset or set to your organization through ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online.
arcpy.env.baDataSource = DataSource
This is the location of your source data, either local or online. Summarized data can reside locally by installing a dataset or set to your organization through ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online. ArcGIS Online data consumes credits. The default value is online.
# Access data locally
arcpy.env.baDataSource = "LOCAL;;USA_ESRI_2019"
# Access data from online
arcpy.env.baDataSource = "ONLINE;US;"