A parcel fabric is created in a file geodatabase or an enterprise geodatabase. Enterprise geodatabases must support branch versioning and must be in a supported DBMS (SQL Server, Oracle, or PostgreSQL).
If you are working with an existing parcel fabric, upgrading the parcel fabric to the latest version may be necessary to keep it current with the latest released functionality.
Use the Upgrade Dataset geoprocessing tool to upgrade a parcel fabric. The upgrade applies schema changes to the parcel fabric dataset, parcel feature classes, and other related geodatabase objects.
An upgrade of the parcel fabric dataset is typically needed when there are schema changes in the information model. The release number of the ArcGIS Pro client determines if an upgrade is needed for the parcel fabric dataset. The upgrade process increments the Parcel Fabric Version number.
To view the current parcel fabric release number, right-click the parcel fabric in the Catalog window and click Properties. On the Parcel Fabric Properties dialog box, expand Parcel fabric. The parcel fabric release number is displayed next to Parcel Fabric Version.
Keep in mind that not every ArcGIS Pro release requires an upgrade of the parcel fabric.
Note:When using the Upgrade Dataset tool to upgrade a parcel fabric in an enterprise environment, the geodatabase connection must be set to Branch versioning type.
Use the table below to determine which versions of ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise are required for your parcel fabric version.
|Parcel fabric version||ArcGIS Pro release||ArcGIS Enterprise release|
The parcel fabric version is not backward compatible. For example, a version 2 parcel fabric is not compatible with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1. The minimum required ArcGIS Pro release, the parcel fabric version, and the minimum ArcGIS Enterprise release numbers must match the numbers in the table above.
Upgrade to parcel fabric version 2
Upgrading to parcel fabric version 2 adds the following updates to the parcel fabric information model:
- Parcel types support administration parcels. Use the Add Parcel Type geoprocessing tool to create a parcel type for administration parcels.
- A new ParcelCount field is added to the Records feature class. The ParcelCount field stores the number of parcels associated with each record.
- The PF_COGOType domain description for code 1 has changed from From Measurements to Entered.
- The maximum number of parcels that can be built and validated is available on the Parcel Fabric Properties dialog box. To view this number, right-click the parcel fabric in the Catalog window to open the Parcel Fabric Properties dialog box. Expand the Parcel Fabric heading under the General tab.
Upgrade to parcel fabric version 3
Upgrading to parcel fabric version 3 adds the following updates to the parcel fabric information model:
- The Parcel Subtype field in the parcel type polygon feature class is no longer a required field and can be deleted.
- Three new adjustment feature classes are added to the parcel fabric. Adjustment feature classes store the results of a least-squares adjustment analysis.
Note:Adjustment feature classes are created as unversioned and must be registered as versioned when working with a parcel fabric in an enterprise environment.
- The COGO Accuracy field in the Records, Connection Lines, parcel type line, and polygon feature classes is no longer a required field and can be deleted.
If you upgraded an ArcMap parcel fabric, values in the Accuracy fields on parcel lines, polygons, and plans are transferred to the corresponding COGO Accuracy fields on an ArcGIS Pro parcel fabric.
- New Direction Accuracy and Distance Accuracy fields are added to the Connection Lines and parcel type line feature classes. These fields store a priori accuracies for line dimensions in a least-squares adjustment analysis.
- A new field named Preserve is added to the parcel fabric Points feature class. This field indicates if the point can be deleted when its connected parcel is deleted.
- The alias of the Is Fixed field in the parcel fabric Points feature class is renamed Fixed Shape.
- New Adjustment Constraint, XY Uncertainty, Error Ellipse Semi Major, Error Ellipse Semi Minor, and Error Ellipse Direction fields are added to the parcel fabric Points feature class for least-squares adjustment analysis purposes.
Upgrade to parcel fabric version 4
Upgrading to parcel fabric version 4 adds the following updates to the parcel fabric information model:
- The MUST HAVE A RECORD parcel fabric default attribute rule is created for parcel lines, parcel polygons, and connection lines.
- The Must Have a Record parcel rule is removed.
- Optional attribute rules are available for the parcel fabric.
- Four attribute rule error datasets are created at the geodatabase root level. Attribute rule error datasets are created to store attribute rule errors that occur during rule evaluation. Attribute rule error dataset names are suffixed with _ValidationLineErrors, _ValidationPointErrors, _ValidationPolygonErrors and _ValidationObjectErrors and are required to be in the map for attribute rule evaluation.
Attribute rule error datasets are created as unversioned and must be registered as versioned when working with a parcel fabric in an enterprise environment.