Available with Standard or Advanced license.
Trace configurations are created using the Add Trace Configuration tool. These enable you to create complex traces that can be shared across an organization via web maps and consumed by web and field applications.
The input trace network must be version 2 or later.
When working with an enterprise geodatabase, the input trace network must be from a trace network service.
The connected portal account is set as the creator of the trace configuration.
Operating system authentication is used to store the creator of a trace configuration when working with a trace network in a file geodatabase.
- The creator of a trace configuration controls access to view and make modifications to the trace configuration in an enterprise geodatabase.
Follow these steps to create a trace configuration in the trace network:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Add Trace Configuration.
The tool is located in the Trace Configuration toolset of the Trace Network toolbox.
- For Input Trace Network, specify a trace network.
- For Trace Configuration Name, specify a name for the new trace configuration.
- For Description, optionally provide a description for the new trace configuration.
- For Tags, optionally provide any user tags to identify the trace configuration.
- Apply additional configuration parameters as needed.Reference the Trace tool for a full list of tool parameters.
- Click Run.