The snap agents on the Snap To Feature context menu temporarily override your active snap settings and snap to a specific feature. They are available when you are actively sketching geometry.
- In the Create Features pane, choose a feature template.
- Start creating a feature.
- Hover and right-click an existing feature near the geometry element to which you want to snap, for example an endpoint or a vertex.
- Right-click, click Snap To Feature, and click a snap agent.
- Endpoint —Snaps to the nearest endpoint of an existing line feature.
- Vertex —Snaps to the nearest vertex of an existing segment.
- Midpoint —Snaps to the nearest midpoint of an existing segment.
- Edge —Snaps to the nearest edge of an existing segment.
The snap agent snaps the vertex to a valid geometry element nearest the pointer.