On the context menu for editing, Delta X,Y,Z creates a vertex at a specified x,y,z distance measured from the last vertex. It is available when you create a new polyline or polygon feature, or edit a finished feature with Continue Feature .
To specify an x,y,z distance, create at least one vertex, right-click and click Delta X,Y,Z , and specify the delta x,y,z distance.
If you have created at least one vertex, skip to step 5.
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Create .
The Create Features pane appears.
- In the Create Features pane, click a polyline or polygon feature template.
- Click Line or Polygon .
- Create the first vertex using one of the following methods:
- Click the map.
- Right-click and click Absolute X,Y,Z , or press the F6 key, type the values on the dialog box, and press Enter.
- To place the next vertex at an x,y,z distance from the last vertex, right-click and click Delta X,Y,Z .
The Delta X,Y,Z dialog box appears.
- On the Delta X,Y,Z dialog box, type the x-, y-, and z-values, and press Enter.
- When you finish creating the feature, right-click and click Finish , or press the F2 key.
When you work with z-enabled 3D features, the dialog box includes a field for z values. Fields for z-values are defined when the feature class is initially created.