Available with Advanced license.
You can add voxel layers to a local scene using the Add Multidimensional Voxel Layer dialog box. NetCDF files with X, Y, Z; X, Y, level; X, Y, time; or X, Y, Z, time dimensions are the only supported input. Once a netCDF file is added, the variable information populates the dialog box. NetCDF files without the required dimensions show no available variables on the dialog box and cannot be added as a voxel layer.
To add a voxel layer to a local scene, use your own netCDF file or use the netCDF file provided by ArcGIS Online.
- Ensure that a local scene is active.
- On the Map tab, in the Layer group, click the Add Data drop-down menu.
- Click Add Multidimensional Voxel Layer .
- For Input Data Source type or paste the path to a netCDF file or browse to it using the browse button .
- Click OK
The voxel layer is added to the local scene.
Variable information on the Add Multidimensional Voxel Layer dialog box
Selecting a netCDF file populates information on the Add Multidimensional Voxel Layer dialog box for each of the variables in the netCDF file. The following information is added:
- Name—Referenced from the short name attribute.
- Description—Referenced from the long name attribute.
- Default Variable—Specifies the default variable that is rendered when the voxel layer is first loaded.
- Data Type—If the data contains floating-point values, it is set as Continuous by default. Non-floating-point data is set to Discrete by default.