Include related records in a report to provide a more in-depth look at your data. Related reports can be inserted below the details section of a report only. These related reports include the same sections as a stand-alone report, such as the report header and page footer. The report header, report footer, page header, and page footer sections are added but they are turned off by default.
To include a related report in your report, do the following:
- Click the details section in the report view or select it in the Contents pane to activate the details section.
- On the Insert tab, in the Report group, click Related Report to open the Create New Related Report pane.
Optionally, right-click the details section in the Contents pane and click Related Report to open the pane.
- In the Create New Related Report pane, type a name in the Related Report Name text box.
- Expand the Relate or relationship class drop-down menu to see a list of all recognized in-map relates and relationship classes.
Only relationships that originate from the existing report data source are listed.
- Click Next to filter the data and specify the fields to include in the related report.
- Choose an option from the Rows menu to set the data filtering:
- All rows—All related data is used in the related records report.
- Filter by expression—Only data defined by a custom query is used in the related records report.
- Click Next to optionally group the related data and add sorting rules.
By default, grouping is sorted in ascending order. Summary statistics (count, minimum, maximum, sum, mean, and standard deviation) can be added to the related reports group and report footer.
- Click Next to design the related report template and styling.
- Click Finish to insert the related report.
The related report appears below the details section of the primary report. In addition to the details section, the report includes a report header and footer as well as any defined group headers and footers.
Additional related reports can be added by selecting the details section of the primary report or an existing related report. The newly inserted related report is added beneath the selected section.
Unlike the primary report, the data source of the related report cannot be reset. If the related data source is broken, it must be re-created.