Geoprocessing packages (.gpkx files) allow you to share analysis workflows. These packages contain the tools (models or scripts) and data required to run the task. You can use geoprocessing packages to share complex analysis in your organization or to a broader audience of ArcGIS users through ArcGIS Online. Individuals who discover and use your geoprocessing package can open and run it with the data in the package, or they can add their own data through the tool parameters.
Create a geoprocessing package
Geoprocessing packages must start with a geoprocessing history item—that is, a successful result obtained from running your geoprocessing tool. This result has all the references required to create the package and provides a starting point for all new geoprocessing packages. You cannot create a geoprocessing package from a result that failed to execute.
- On the Share tab, in the Package group, click Geoprocessing .
Select the history item of the geoprocessing task you want to create a package from.
The Geoprocessing Package pane appears.
- Specify where to save your package, either to your online account or as a file on disk.
- Provide the name and, if saving the package to a file, the location for your new package on disk.
- Complete the Summary and Tags fields.
- Check the Include Enterprise and UNC Path Data check box if you want to extract data from an enterprise geodatabase or UNC path data to a file geodatabase. If this option is not checked, map layers continue to reference enterprise geodatabase data and UNC path data.
- If you are uploading your package to an online account, use the Folder menu to specify where the package will be stored in your portal content. The package is stored in the root of your content by default. Optionally click the Browse button to create a folder or choose an existing one. You can also type the name of the desired folder in the text box.
- If you're uploading your package to an online account, specify how it will be shared:
- Everyone—This option makes your content public. Anyone can access and see it.
- My Organization—If you are signed in with an organizational account, you see this option. This option allows your content to be shared with all authenticated users in the organization.
- Groups—You can share your content with groups you belong to and their members.
Leave all options unchecked to set the sharing level to the owner of the item.
- To add multiple tasks to a single package, select additional history items from the Tools section.
Any successful tool history in your current project can be added to the package you are creating. All tasks added to the package are extracted and available for use when the package is extracted back into ArcGIS Pro.
- Add the items you want to include to Attachments. This option allows you to include other content, such as detailed documentation, reports, and graphs. The following types of files cannot be included: .js, .vbs, .py, .pyc, .pyo, .bat, and .ocx. Also, only signed .dll and .exe files are allowed.
- Under Finish Sharing, click Analyze to check for problems.
Errors and warnings are listed on the Messages tab. Right-click a message to open its help topic or take corrective action in the software. Errors must be resolved before you can share the web layer. Resolving warnings is recommended but not required.
- Once it's validated, click Package to create your package.