Available with Network Analyst license.
When you add a travel mode to a network dataset, you specify values for a group of properties that describe the movement and behavior of a car, truck, pedestrian, or other travel mode. You can choose a preconfigured travel mode each time you perform a network analysis.
Travel modes can be created by accessing the property page of a network dataset in a geodatabase or a network dataset layer in the Contents pane.
- Open the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
- Select Travel Attributes and click the Travel Modes tab.
If any travel modes are present, they are listed in the drop-down list that shows the travel modes.
- Click the Options button in the upper right corner of the dialog box.
- Click the New button (Ctrl+N) from the menu.
- Enter the name of the new travel mode.
- If required, customize other available parameters.
- Click OK to close the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
The new travel mode is added to the network dataset.